- BHNLawrenceSAsked on May 07, 2014 at 02:34 PM
I am wondering if it is possible to have an Approval Signature field on a JotForm. For example, Joe fills out a hardware request and submits it. Alice is notified. Alice signs off on the request and submits it again. Mark receives the form, complete with Alice's signature, and fills the order.
I am loving jotforms, but I need this 'Authorization' functionality. If there is any way to do this I would be very happy! Thanks a ton.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on May 07, 2014 at 05:43 PM
That's possible with Jotform. You can try the following workaround.
1. Create a form.
2. Create 3 different notification on this form. This is for each of the recipients. e.g. (Main notification, for Alice and for Mark.)
3. Add a hidden box field (it's under Widgets) to your form and name it "approver". This will be used for hide/show condition for displaying specific fields e.g. if approver is equal to "Alice", show Signature field.
4. Create hide/show condition for Alice fields. Check this sample condition.
5. Do the same for Mark. Create a hide/show condition for the fields that are only specific for Mark.
6. For email routing, you can create email condition.
e.g. if approver is equal to "Alice", send the "Mark Notification" to Mark's email.
if approver is empty, send "Alice Notification" to Alice Email.
You have to place the following form URL on Alice Notification so when Alice clicks the form, she will be able to see the filled forms with his field to be filled as well. Do the same on Mark's Notification.
Remember, just append the approver=Mark parameter in the form URL to display Mark's fields and approver=Alice to display Alice fields.
Here's how to prepopulate form URL with customers data. https://www.jotform.com/answers/289800
Please let us know if you have further questions or if you need further clarification. I know this is a bit complex, but this should work exactly as you require. Give it a try and let us know which part you're having difficulties.