- VentoDeveloperAsked on May 13, 2014 at 04:07 PM
We are filling out a BPRA with a client and a couple of questions have come up regarding security of the forms we will be using.
Questions that we were asked:
1. Does your company have an intrusion detection policy?
2. Do you deploy intrusion detection mechanisms on all servers and networks that process or store sensitive customer information?
Does Jot Forms have any documentation on the types of security it uses on their servers that I can pass along that might help with these questions?
any help would be most appreciated.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on May 13, 2014 at 05:38 PM
I assume your bottom line question is: How secure is Jotform?
Let me tell you that, Jotform has a very powerful cloud of servers whose storage is encrypted and provides security protection against malicious attacks like SQL injection and denial of service (DDOS) attacks.
So we provide a high security standard through out our hosting provider's servers for data storage
-All of our SSL certificates support high-grade 256-bit encryption.
- Our forms embed codes are 100% using the HTTPS protocol (SSL) by default. Therefore the data transmission from the person who submits the information to our servers are done in an encrypted manner.
But to add extra security, you must follow these advises:
1. Edit emails on all forms to make sure no specific information is used on them. We send emails in plain text. So, these are not secure. Only use emails to get alerts to know there is a new submission.
Once you receive an email alert, log into the secure JotForm site and then look at the user
2. If you use the Reports feature, only do it with password protection. That will both ask for a password, and it will transfer all data over SSL.
3. Same for uploads. They are not password protected.
4. Logout immediate after you are done with the site.
5. Regularly download submissions and then delete them.
Does this help? Otherwise, let us know.
- CharlieAnswered on November 09, 2016 at 07:44 AM
Just an update. Our developers have added a new security layer to make your file uploads more secure. You can learn more about it on this blog post: https://www.jotform.com/blog/259-Keeping-Your-Uploads-Secure
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on December 12, 2017 at 04:48 PM
Please find updated information in our Jotform Secure Online Forms page that we just released! https://www.jotform.com/security/