What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How to set the notifications in order to avoid using large space and use less pages when printing them?Asked by carrieowen on May 19, 2014 at 11:44 AM
When we receive the form, 1) they come in twice, though they appear different, why is that they come in twice and are both counted towardsn the total number of submitted forms even though they are they same?
2) Also, in one of the ways the form comes in, the one that is easier to read (interpret), in order to print it, it uses 5 pages.
The other, shorter way it comes in which in comes in it only prints on two pages, but there is no space/division between the question and answer making it a little more difficult to read. Is there a way to space out the question and answer without the printing taking more then two pages?
Also, in the form, there are fields that only open if they answer Yes, to the question, Do you have a second pet, third pet, or fouth pet. When the forms come in, even if they answer No, the these questions the questions still come in on the submitted form with the answers blank. Is there any way to not have these questions apprear on the submitted form if they answer No, to these questions?
1. Please feel free to correct me if I have misunderstood this query. Are you saying that your form has two notifications and that they are counted as submission in your account so that it affects your monthly submissions limit? If my assumption is correct, please let me clarify that email notifications are not counted in your account submissions counter, so it will not affect your monthly limit at all.
2. The differences between your form notifications is that they are in different mode.
- The first Notification is in Text Mode.
This is the one that takes less space as it does not have a defined format/style, however, it is more difficult to interpret as you said.
You can customize its style to make it more understandable and easy to read by switching it to HTML Mode. You can do it by using the Switch to HTML Mode button I point out in the image above. And then use the tools of the text editor to give it the desired format:
- The Notifier 2 is in HTML Mode with the Default style.
This easier to understand and to interprete because it still keeps the default style/format, hence it uses more space.
So, what we can do to save space and to still keep the format, is to enable the Hide empty fields on email function. That will hide form the notification the blank/unanswered fields. Here is the guide to enable it: How to hide empty fields on email alerts
This also answer your last question.
I hope this helps. Please inform us if you need further assistance with this query.