- bikerbanditAsked on August 10, 2011 at 12:07 PM
Hi, there! Great program. However,when I go to my test site to test the Contact form at http://www.jths1963.com/JTHS63/contact-jotform.html, I never get the results of the form sent to my email account. Am I misunderstanding this process or am I doing something wrong? thanksDon
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on August 10, 2011 at 12:15 PM
May I know if you have the email address in your form's email notification settings set to the correct address? Please also check your junk mail folder if in case the emails from us landed there instead of the inbox.
We'll sait for your response.
- bikerbanditAnswered on August 10, 2011 at 01:34 PMNew response receivedLiyam, my email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, is properly listed under Personal Details, and my web site,
http://www.JTHS1963.com, is listed there as well. I can not find anything that specifically says "email
notification settings." Where is it? Perhaps that is the problem.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on August 10, 2011 at 05:02 PM
I hope you don't mind if I answer in behalf of my colleague.
I logged in to your account, checked your form's notification settings (Setup & Embed > Email Alerts > Notification) and found the email address email@example.com as the recipient address.
Afterwards, I looked up our mail server logs for information regarding e-mails sent to that address. This is what I got:Aug 10 10:31:31 ying sendmail: p7AEVVPq025647: firstname.lastname@example.org, ctladdr=jotform (1001/1002), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, pri=35533, relay=[127.0.0.1] [127.0.0.1], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (p7AEVVqd025648 Message accepted for delivery) Aug 10 10:31:31 ying sm-mta: p7AEVVqd025648: to=<email@example.com>, ctladdr=<firstname.lastname@example.org> (1001/1002), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp, pri=125723, relay=relay.verizon.net. [188.8.131.52], dsn=5.0.0, stat=Service unavailable
From what I have learned, this might have something with your mail provider's settings. I have sent test emails to that address to check if it accepts messages coming from mail servers other than Jotform's.
Please respond to this thread if you receive those test emails. We'll be waiting for your updates. Thanks!
- bikerbanditAnswered on August 10, 2011 at 06:37 PM
Thank you, Neil, I received the test emails (two of them). Thanks for you quick response.
What do I do now?
- bikerbanditAnswered on August 10, 2011 at 06:41 PM
I forgot to tell you, Neil, that I also wish to change the email address to email@example.com.
I was using the other address for testing but the contact form will go to the above address once I iron out the problems.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on August 10, 2011 at 07:15 PM
Most likely, Verizon has blocked our servers by default. You may contact Verizon to have these IP addresses and domains unblocked:
To change the e-mail recipients for your form:
1. Go to Setup & Embed > Email Alerts > Notification
2. In the Compose Email screen, click the Reply-To and Recipient Settings
3. Change the e-mail recipient to whichever address you prefer
Note that since the e-mail address you used to sign up for Jotform is firstname.lastname@example.org, all forms you create will have that e-mail as the default recipient for notifications.
To change the e-mail for your entire account, go to Account Settings then update your information.
AOL should not have problems receiving notifications from us. I even made a test submit on a form:
Hope this helps.
- Linda PurnellAnswered on November 04, 2011 at 08:28 PM
Hi, there! Great program. However,when I go to my test site to test the Contact form at http://www.jotform.com/?formID=13064027071, I never get the results of the form sent to my email account. Am I misunderstanding this process or am I doing something wrong?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on November 05, 2011 at 12:02 AM
When I checked your form, Linda, I noticed that you don't have any email notifications set.
To add an email notification, you should do the following steps:
1. Edit your form
2. Click Email Alerts
3. Click the Add New Email button
4. An Email Wizard will appear, select Notification and click the next button
5. Check the Recipient E-mail settngs at the lower right part of the next page, see to it that it is set to your preferred email address of receiving notifications. Click the Next button once done
6. Continue with the wizard until you click the Finish button
7. Save your form.
- billhzAnswered on November 06, 2011 at 02:18 PM
A paying customer. EMERGENCY
Not getting form results for Santa Clara Paintball Reservations on account billhz.
Email address recipients: ,
This started yesterday. Several tests were sent. These are not going into SPAM box. This has happened before.
Please fix this immediately. The company runs their business with these resevervations.
- billhzAnswered on November 06, 2011 at 02:40 PM
Form results are showing in my account but they aren't being sent. billhz
See previous post on Santa Clara Paintball.
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on November 06, 2011 at 02:52 PM
According to our logs, our end already delivered your emails to your email account.
Please contact with your email provider about the situation with the logs below,
/var/log/mail.log:Nov 6 14:18:11 yang sm-mta: pA6JBKTF007087: to=<email@example.com>, delay=00:06:51, xdelay=00:00:06, mailer=esmtp, pri=211004, relay=mta7.am0.yahoodns.net. [184.108.40.206], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (ok dirdel)
/var/log/mail.log:Nov 6 14:18:14 yang sm-mta: pA6JBJlN007082: to=<firstname.lastname@example.org>, delay=00:06:55, xdelay=00:00:03, mailer=esmtp, pri=211013, relay=mta7.am0.yahoodns.net. [220.127.116.11], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (ok dirdel)
- billhzAnswered on November 06, 2011 at 04:40 PM
The success result was generated when I sent a TEST within your system. It may be an intermittent problem. I created a new form just in case the old one was corrupted. I named it Santa Clara Paintball 2 with the same recipients - email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and added an additional one to email@example.com.
Results are not being sent after I send from the page at the client's site. Here is the my testing url:
There seem to be an intermittent issue.
- billhzAnswered on November 06, 2011 at 08:22 PM
Hi, I've tested back and forth with Santa Clara Paintball and apparently Jotform has a problem with getting results from the domain santaclarapaintball.com and turning around and sending emails from your database. I created a different form for Santa Clara, installed it at Santa Clara, submitted a form, got the results at the new Santa Clara results database, but it your system did would not send the results to the email recipients.
It is not the recipient emails because those are installed on my other forms and work just fine. Those recipients submitting forms from other domains get all Jotform results.
billhz - paying customer
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on November 06, 2011 at 08:41 PM
Thank you for these details, billhz.
I will submit a ticket to our development team regarding this. For the mean time, you can try not using https:// for your form so that you'll be able to receive notifications properly.
- billhzAnswered on November 06, 2011 at 08:52 PM
Unfortunately the forms must be submitted through a SSL page. That page detects unsecure items and gives a warning and therefore our clients will not submit the form. This severely impacts our operations if our clients are not willing to submit forms. For now I have installed a different third party form that works for us, but we'd rather continue using you because of the many options your forms provide to paying customers.
Seriously, unless this can be resolved, I will have to migrate all my forms to another paid service. My account expires in December. Wish you had a phone number.
Thanks for your reponse.
ps - https works fine with my other forms on my other domains except santaclarapaintball.com
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on November 06, 2011 at 08:53 PM
Correction: Please convert your email content from text to HTML mode for now while our developers are working on your email notifications from form submissions via SSL (https://).
Thank you for your patience.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on November 06, 2011 at 09:15 PM
I have just tested your form, billhz, and I was able to receive the email notification right after I switched the email notification from Text, to HTML. Please confirm if you received the notification to your three email addresses.
- billhzAnswered on November 08, 2011 at 03:45 PM
Hi. I am able to get responses, but they come in duplicates. I cannot make this live until this is resolved. It will confuse the client to be getting duplicate emails.
Form name - Santa Clara Paintball 2
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on November 08, 2011 at 07:29 PM
I have made a sample submission in your form, could you please re-check if you are still receiving duplicate responses? Please update us the result, so we can continue to help you. Thanks in advance.
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on November 10, 2011 at 06:06 AM
I have checked about the duplication issue, and there is no record about duplication according to our logs. You're sending notifications to 3 different email addresses, are you sure about duplications ?
I have made 2 tests (with SSL and without SSL). You can remove them from your submissions.
- billhzAnswered on November 11, 2011 at 03:25 AMYes I am getting duplicates.
Thanks for looking into this.
- billhzAnswered on November 11, 2011 at 03:46 AMHi,
Yes I did receive it. I tried the form here myself:
https://santaclarapaintball.com/NewReservations.htm and I got the results in
duplicate. I got your test in duplicate as well. Why is it sending duplicates?
This will confuse my clients.
- billhzAnswered on November 11, 2011 at 03:48 AMHi,
Unfortunately the forms must be submitted through a SSL page. That page detects
unsecure items and gives a warning and therefore our clients will not submit the
form. This severely impacts our operations if our clients are not willing to
submit forms. For now I have installed a different third party form that works
for us, but we'd rather continue using you because of the many options your
forms provide to paying customers.
Seriously, unless this can be resolved, I will have to migrate all my forms to
another paid service. My account expires in December. Wish you had a phone
- billhzAnswered on November 11, 2011 at 03:50 AMPlease take a look at the most recent ones. I sent a TEST and that went through.
Subsequent ones are not going through. All my other accounts work perfect. Santa
Clara Paintball is not working correctly.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on November 11, 2011 at 04:32 AM
You have these email addresses on the "Recipient" field.
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you put three email addresses intentionally? One of them probably redirect to another email address and that might be why you are receiving duplicate emails.
- billhzAnswered on November 11, 2011 at 04:44 AMI will remove all but one email and test. That may have been the issue with duplicates.
Why did it stop sending responses to begin with.
Thanks for all you help.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on November 11, 2011 at 04:50 AM
It usually goes to a spam folder on your email software/site or on your email server. If it happens again we can send you the debug log.
- billhzAnswered on November 14, 2011 at 09:45 AMI have not removed the third email address. I believe that is why I was getting duplicates. I added the third one to test and see that indeed results were not going out. The form works after reverting to html instead of text.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on November 14, 2011 at 01:54 PM
I'm glad it is now fixed. If you need anything else please let us know. (on a new thread, this one is already too long:) )