Error in Visual Reports

  • Profile Image
    john.roscoe
    Asked on May 22, 2014 at 03:19 AM

    Since the 'system glitch' yesterday I now note that all Visual reports have incorrect values

    Example: Report MINISTERS DAY shows totals YES=130 and NO=45
    However there are only 122 total submissions to date and total YES is actually 68 and total NO is 23.

    I have this chart live on a website so its now giving totally false indication of enrolments. I have tried clearing cache, and creating a new report but still get the same results.
    I have added this report URL below

    I have checked other reports and they all seem to be giving approx 2x the actual value for all variables

  • Profile Image
    paulsimpson
    Answered on May 22, 2014 at 08:36 AM

    Hi John,

    I am very sorry about this error. I am working on a fix for this now.

    Paul

  • Profile Image
    paulsimpson
    Answered on May 22, 2014 at 03:20 PM

    Hi John,

    Your report data should be back to normal now. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

    Thanks

    Paul

  • Profile Image
    john.roscoe
    Answered on May 22, 2014 at 05:35 PM

    Thanks for (almost) fixing this.

    The graphical report I linked above is now correct, howver there are still other anomolies which may have pre-dated the system crash on 21 May.

    For example the charts in this next report have small errors: The correct values are in brackets.
    Commissioner=91(89) Associate=13(13) Observer=1(1)
    Minister=59(57) Elder=31(30) Youth=2(2)
    Gender Male=82(82) Female=42(40)

    http://www.jotform.com/report/40208503286045

    Could these errors be caused from records which have been deleted or amended so the chart is not recalulating from current values?? 

     

     

  • Profile Image
    KadeJM
    Answered on May 22, 2014 at 08:05 PM

    On behalf of our Developer who was working with you to resolve this issue - you are welcome and we do appreciate the patience you have given us with this matter. In my opinion and from what I know, I think it was likely related to our problem from yesterday. I say that because I know it had also partially affected submission data which explains the count offset you are experiencing.

    To my knowledge I was told the incorrect counts was fixed back around 3pm EST earlier this afternoon. Your thread reply was around 5:35pm almost 2 hours afterwards so I am picturing due to your response that you had checked it again recently. I can also verify it looks to still be a problem. If there is something that we can do about it on our form we will fix it if we are able to do so.

    Regardless though, on behalf of JotForm I really do apologize about this. 

  • Profile Image
    paulsimpson
    Answered on May 23, 2014 at 05:12 AM

    Hi John,

    I have just looked through your submissions. The data in the reports now seems to correlate with submissions data.

    I see 127 submissions:

    Commissioner = 94

    Observer = 1

    Associate = 13

     

    Minister = 60 (There was a discrepancy here. It seems you changed one submissions value from Minister to Elder during our data replication problems. This has now been rectified)

    Elder = 32

    Youth Rep = 2

     

    Male = 83

    Female = 44

     

    Regards

    Paul

  • Profile Image
    john.roscoe
    Answered on May 23, 2014 at 07:54 AM

    Thanks for reply - yes all seems to be back to normal now.