- PowerhouseAsked on August 10, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Hi, this is my first attempt and when I paste the embeded code into the Joomla text box it wont save it. the text is just deleted. Thank you... Andy
- brx250Answered on August 10, 2011 at 11:22 PM
Thank you for using JotForm.
Due to some security measures of Joomla, it doesn't allow script tags by default. It filters the text and omits those tags. In order to make your code work, you'll need to white list script in your Joomla settings. I've attached here some illustrations for you to follow. Hope this helps.
1. Login to the administration panel
2. Click Article Manager
3.Click Options on the upper-right part of the page
3. Go to Text Filters tab, set the filter type (change Black List to White List and add script under filter tags, or you can use No Filtering). And then Save your settingsFor further instructions on how to integrate your form with Joomla, you can visit our user guide through the following links below.You might also want to consider these threads helpful.If you do have any other issues and concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Albert | JotForm Support
- PowerhouseAnswered on August 11, 2011 at 10:14 PM
Thanks Albert, I've been through a process trying to get super admin status as that s why i fifured there was no options tab in article manager. But unfortunately these screeshots seem like an older version. I have screenshots of the current version as there is a 'parameters' tab which takes me to a place with similar questions but not all the same. there is a Blacklist and Whitlist button and a no html (none of these were checked) and there are boxes for filter tags and filter attributes that may have the answer.
How do I upload the screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about?
- brx250Answered on August 11, 2011 at 10:31 PM
May I ask what version of Joomla you're using? Have you tried considering the instructions in our user guide? Again, here's the link https://www.jotform.com/help/6-Adding-Form-to-Joomla.
You can upload screenshots to any image hosting sites. You may want to try ours, here's the link https://www.jotform.com/help/image_upload.php?naked=true I've also attached some illustrations below and hope this helps.
1. Open a new browser tab or window, go to the image uploader and click Choose File
2. When the Open dialog box pops up, navigate your way to the folder containing the image and either double-click its filename or click it and then click Open:
3. Click Send Image:
What will not be obvious from the above screen dump (the arrow pointing to "Send Image" should actually be labelled "Step 4", by the way) is the fact that not only did the thumbnail in the Last Image Upoloaded field change but so did the Image URL. It's just that the text box isn't long enough to show the updated portion of the address. (If the address is clicked and then the [End] key hit, you will see that the right portion is indeed different to what would have been there previously.)
4. (Step 5) Click the URL and select all of it [Ctrl + A] and copy it to the Windows clipboard [Ctrl + C]:
5. Go back to the tab or window containing the post in which you wish to embed the screen shot and click where you want to insert it (Hit [Enter] to insert it two lines below the text or [Shift + Enter] to place it just one line below)
6. Click the Insert/edit image button. It's the button that looks like a mango tree on a green pasture on a sunny day (okay, perhaps that's going a bit overboard!) :
7. Paste [Ctrl + V] the URL from your clipboard into the Image URL text box and then click Insert:We will be waiting for your response. Thank you for your patience.
Albert | JotForm Support
- PowerhouseAnswered on August 12, 2011 at 03:52 AM
Thanks again Albert
Joomla version 1.5.22
I have been through the link you sent at the top, have gone into Global Configuration and changed to Editor-no editor (there was another option of Editor TinyMCE).
There is no "Edit" icon but there is an edit code icon which does not have HTML feature. It does have a code feature amongst others, tried it the code....and nothing appears when i save.Hope I'm getting closer....Thanks, Andy
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on August 12, 2011 at 10:23 AM
Can you try using TinyMCE as the editor instead of the default WYSIWYG editor,
Once you get to the Global Configuration select TinyMCE from the dropdown option:
After enabling it go to Plugin Manager you can find it as one of the submenu
in the Extensions as shown in the screenshot below:
Look for TinyMCE from the list and click on it, on the right side of the TinyMCE
settings you should see the Plugin Parameters:
Make sure to choose "Never" on "Code cleanup" on save option. Then save it
When you now add a new Article you should then see a HTML icon:
On pop-up "HTML Source Editor" and paste the code (Please use the iframe embed code
of the form)
After saving the article the Form will then appear on your Joomla page.
Hope this helps, let us know if you have clarifications.
- PowerhouseAnswered on August 12, 2011 at 11:34 PM
I've done all you suggested and really thought we had it there but no HTML icon appears. Do I need to go back to article manager parameters and uncheck whitelist???
Hope we get there soon!
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on August 13, 2011 at 01:31 AM
In my current Joomla Article Manager settings there were no filters added.
Please make sure though that in the Plugin Manager settings for TinyMCE the
Functionality is set to Advanced. If it is set to simple the html icon would not be
Let us know if this works for you.
- PowerhouseAnswered on August 13, 2011 at 02:00 AM
Already set to advanced and as for filters it seems once there is one selected, you cant have none selected. Blacklist or no html seem like bad choices??? So do I stick with whitelist?? Which means I've changed nothing and still no HTML icon...
Also filter groups has super administrator selected and again once something is selected we cant chose nothing....
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on August 13, 2011 at 02:32 AM
For the filter groups try selecting Public Front-end, filter tags will only be applicable
to the selected group but ignored for other users.
You can stick with Whitelist however please add the following to the filter tags:
After applying and saving the changes please logout and then login back to
your Joomla Administration.
- PowerhouseAnswered on August 13, 2011 at 04:05 AM
Ok done all that thanks, but still no HTML icon...
Pasted it in as code using the edit code icon... and this is the result;:) Andy
- allanftdAnswered on August 13, 2011 at 09:17 AM
Judging from what I saw on the webpage you provided, I think there is something wrong with the embed code. Could you please use the following embed code instead:
<iframe allowtransparency="true" src="http://www.jotform.com/form/12210646190" frameborder="0" style="width:100%; height:792px; border:none;" scrolling="no">
Try it and let us know how it goes. Thank you for your patience.
- PowerhouseAnswered on August 13, 2011 at 06:30 PM
Seems it is the missing HTML icon that is the key. Do you know why it is not there??
I have tried your code with similar result;
Thanks for your patience too!!
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on August 13, 2011 at 10:28 PM
Would it be possible for you to produce a screenshot of the editor when you
add a new article. Are all of the icons showing except for the HTML icon?
I have been doing some reading at Joomla forum and it appears that
this is an issue with the editors.
The last resort is to uninstall and re install the WSYIWYG editor in joomla.
For the meantime instead of Advanced choose Extended for the functionality.
Go to Extensions > Plugin Manager > click on Editor TinyMCE
After doing this please clear the browser's cache.
- PowerhouseAnswered on August 13, 2011 at 11:07 PMYou guys are awesome!
Just heading out now, but here’s the screenshot. Will attempt what you are suggesting when I return
- allanftdAnswered on August 14, 2011 at 12:11 AM
Hope your weekend has been awesome so far.
Sorry but your last screenshot failed to display properly in the online forum. Could you please send it again so that we can inspect it?
Thank you once again!
- PowerhouseAnswered on August 14, 2011 at 01:36 AM
I attached it to my last email as the image uploaded doesnt work here????? i select the image and send and it says no file chosen, tried it heaps of times... am using chrome, is that a problem??
Thanks weekend has been great about to get a downpoar here...
- allanftdAnswered on August 14, 2011 at 04:52 AM
Sorry about the rain and the problem with uploading the image. Google Chrome should work fine for you.
Kindly follow the steps indicated in thie tutorial to learn how to upload a screenshot image file into the JotForm forum page - http://www.jotform.com/answers/31636-How-to-insert-embed-a-screen-shot-a-k-a-screen-dump-into-a-post
Hope to hear form you again with the image so that we can further assist you.
- WendyAnswered on May 01, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Have you conisdered going to Extensions/Plug-in Manager/Editor - TinyMCE and under basic options removing "iframe" from the Prohibited Elements list? Worked for me after some suffering. Obviously you'd have to be using TinyMCE as your editor. Not sure if that was true for you.