- metieAsked on July 13, 2010 at 01:28 PM
For a form embedded in a website, is it possible to test the redirection to a Thank You page using a custom URL locally (using any one of the source code options available), or does the Thank You page have to be live?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on July 14, 2010 at 08:39 AM
Yes, the Thank You page has to live. Here is a solution:
1. On My Forms page, right click on your form and then click "Clone Form"
2. Change the Thank You URL on the cloned form and test it locally.
3. If it works as you wish, do the same change on the live form.
- metieAnswered on July 15, 2010 at 09:31 AM
I'm sorry, I'm confused. Where would I change the Thank You URL to the local file name ("thank_you.html")? Can I change this in the full source code, and if so, where in the code would I make the change? Thanks!
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on July 15, 2010 at 10:28 AM
1. Open your new form in the form editor
2. Click on "Setup and Share" tab on the form builder toolbar
3. Click on "Thank You"
4. Select "Custom URL" option and enter a URL from your own web site.