- tprAsked on August 11, 2011 at 12:48 PM
We would like to use our JotForm acc to create a (one time) per user registration form. Is it possible to stop someone from registering a second time by checking the IP address or email address used? We would like to stop duplication without having to hunt through a excl spreadsheet.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on August 11, 2011 at 02:10 PM
You can make a unique submission per IP or per cookie based, but unfortunately not by per email address.
To set your form to only receive unique submissions:
1. Edit your form
2. Click Preferences
3. Go to Advanced Settings Tab
4. Click on the right part of the table, beside Unique Submission to change settings value.
You have 3 different settings
1. No Check - no restrictions
2. Loose Check - Cookies dependent
3. Strict Check - IP address dependent
I hope this quick tutorial provides resolution to your issue at hand.
If you have other questions or concerns, please do let us know.