- michaelcullenAsked on May 27, 2014 at 07:04 AM
please toggle: I am ... Applying on behalf of the property
then try and type text into Further Info (near the bottom)
The hint example text ("e.g. URL of your rates page, or your photo gallery") does not disappear when you click in the cell, and the text which you type appears in grey, and it is not saved/sent with the form
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on May 27, 2014 at 08:53 AM
The "Further info" is actually a textarea and not a textbox. I am able to replicate the issue you are having. The issue is not actually with your form but actually if you set the "Hint Example" text in text area field, it does not work as a hint text.
I am creating a bug report and sending it to our back end team. We will get back to you as soon as this issue is resolved.
- michaelcullenAnswered on May 27, 2014 at 10:51 AMThank you. To immediately resolve my problem, can I change my textarea into a textbox without losing data?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 27, 2014 at 11:40 AM
There is no automatic process for that. You have to remove the textarea and change it with textbox, doing so would remove the current submission from the field so we don't advise doing that. Instead, clone the form (http://www.jotform.com/help/27-How-to-clone-an-existing-form-from-your-account) and do the changes to the cloned version and use it.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on May 30, 2014 at 08:15 AM
One of our developers fixed this bug yesterday. If the bug persists on your view, please do let us know.
- michaelcullenAnswered on June 02, 2014 at 10:21 AMThanks – all looks good to me!