What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Widget "Form Tabs" not workingAsked by Jackson on May 30, 2014 at 11:01 AM
It seems that the widget "Form Tabs" is not working.
I added it to my form, added page breaks, but the tabs do not show up. The div does show up on the preview (when viewing the source code), but it seems to be empty. I tested this on a brand new form with no other widgets or apps, and it still does not work.
form tabs form tabs
I created a new form, added the Page Breaks and only after I added the Form Tabs widget and it is showing:
The order in which you add the elements affects its funcionality. Did you try first adding Page Breaks and only then adding the widget?
Let us know if the problem persists.
I just did the same. created brand new form, added fileds and page breaks, and only then added the tabs. and it does not show up. Here is the new form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41495480660963?
I created a test form in your account named Tabs and the widget seems to be properly working:
The fact is that both forms you mention don't show the Form tabs widget but perhaps it was a temporary glitch that is now solved.
Can you tell us more about the browser you are using and if you get the same result if creating a form with another browser?
You can try clearing your browser's cache to see if it solves.
Please let us know if the problem persists.
So I discovered a couple things;
1. The tab widget has to be underneath the first page break (I would have expected it to go on top of the page).
2. There are still bugs. For example, on the form you created, there are 3 page breaks (making 4 pages), but only 2 tabs are showing up. Also, naming the tabs is a hit or miss. On the 4 forms that I've tried it on, only 1 form actually showed the text that i wanted - the others stayed with numbers in the tab.
3. It is very finicky about when you add the tab widgit. It seems to work best by adding the widgit after you added the page breaks.
4. the tabs will not show up on an embedded form (even when they show up on the stand-alone form).
To answer your question, I have tried the following browsers: Chrome, IE11, Firefox, Safari
I feel that the tabs go a long way in ease of use when someone is filling out a multi-page form - there should be a built in solution from jotform - not some tempermental widget.
Anything else I can try?
Thanks for your help.
#1, #2 and #3,
In order to use the widget properly you will need to place the it on the last page of the form. For example, you can add it at the end of the form.
This way, you will see all the tabs.
To name the Tab Titles use comma separated values, 3 Page Breaks = 4 Tabs.
I have embedded the form on the following page, and it seems to be working fine:
Is there any link where we can reproduce the problem?
Note that existing widgets can be improved by our developers. I have attached a ticket to this thread in order to fix the issue with widget positioning.
We will let you know once we have any updates.
Thanks so much for the clarity (I think it should be added to the widget info). Here are a couple more things;
1. The issue with the text was that I had an apostaphe in the word. Once I escaped it, the text worked (should also be added to the faq).
2. Even thought the form is secure, the widget is not, so I have it embedded on a secure form so the widget js is being blocked.
Thanks again for your help
Thank you for your suggestions. We will definitely add it on the widget info page in a short while. My colleague has already raised a ticket to our development team about the improvement of the form tabs widget out of your suggestions.
Regarding on the issue with secure form, please re-add the form tabs widget to your form. It should be working fine now.
The following changes have been published today:
- widget can now work correctly, showing all the tabs, regardless of its position in form
- widget's description has been updated to reflect how to use it
- tabs are centered by default and can be easily styled using IDs "form-tab-1", "form-tab-2" etc.
The issue with escaping params should be fixed soon. We'll let you know when it's done.
Finally escaping quotes has been implemented too. Sorry it took so long.
I've rad many articles regarding to the formtab issues users are experiencing and still I'm struggling to show names of tabs (still numbers only).
The very last form tab I named "end" yet in the preview "end" is the first tab. Can you have a look at my form and help?
I have moved your question to a new thread and you will be answered here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/437686