- vim00010Asked on June 04, 2014 at 10:41 AM
I have created a form with a conditional autoresponder which is not working, the email should be sent once the manager approves the form, but the mail does not send.... also, ideally I would have like the auto-responder to send once the manager either approves or rejects the form,but this didnt work either.
- EliezerNAnswered on June 04, 2014 at 12:51 PM
I cloned your form in order to test it from closer. Upon checking it I found that you are using an Autoresponder that has to be sent after the manager updates the submission by Approving or rejecting the form.
Please note that the Autoresponder are not triggered when after updating/editing the submissions by using the Edit Link, just the Notifiers will be triggered. That's why you say it does not work, but that is just the correct functioning.
So, in order to resolve it what you need to do is to use a Notifier instead of an Autoresponder. Kindly follow these steps:
1. Delete the Autoresponder pointed out in the screenshot above. Here is how to delete it: How to delete autoresponders
2. Then create a new Notifer with the same content and format as your Autoresponder. Here is how to create a new Notifier: Setting up email notifications
3. After creating the notification make sure to copy the field variable/name of the Employee Email Address field:
And paste it into the Recipient Email field of your new Notifier:
4. After that, make sure to update your condition that will send the new Notifier to the employee email address whether the form is approved or not:
Finally save the changes and your form.
Then it will work as expected. Here is my cloned form if you wish to clone it and test it: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41544470256958
Here is how to clone it: How to clone an existing form from a URL
Inform us if you need further assistance with this query.