- fadsmiamibeachAsked on June 04, 2014 at 02:15 PM
My JotForm is an isane mix of two different languages. Why? I don't want to see any Russian and have ENG set as an interface language in the settings...
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on June 04, 2014 at 04:42 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
It appears that your form editor is set to Russian language for some reason. In order to fix this, please open any form in editor, then change the Language at the bottom of the page.
Please give it a try and let us know if you need any further assistance.
- fadsmiamibeachAnswered on June 05, 2014 at 04:41 PM
Mike, that was very counter-intuitive, but yes, that solved it :)
- fadsmiamibeachAnswered on June 09, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Have to reopen this. I see that all the validation messages are still in russian (click submit to see). I even deleted the fields in question and recreated them - did not help. Any more secret language settings? :)
- jedcadornaAnswered on June 09, 2014 at 12:47 PM
The validation language can be modified under "Advanced Settings > Form Warnings".
1. Go to Preferences > Advance Settings > Edit form warnings
2. Hover on the warnings that you want to edit
3. Replace the warning message to your preferred language then click on save.
- fadsmiamibeachAnswered on June 12, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Ok, but why aren't they in English to begin with? No way to set them all to their default english values at once?
- CarinaAnswered on June 12, 2014 at 01:48 PM
Was this form cloned or used from our Template Gallery? If this is the case then in the original version Russian could be an option so perhaps it preserved this feature.
Or it can be something related to your browser. You can try clearing your browser's cache to see if it solves.
In addition you can clone this form:
Please let us know if the problem persists.
- fadsmiamibeachAnswered on June 17, 2014 at 01:41 PM
The form was created from scratch. And I know why it happened. I have a russian language keyboard layout installed on the computer. The question is why does JotForm take the liberty of making an irreversible(?) decision of what language my forms should be in. It should at least prompt a new user: "hey, we detected several languages on your PC - which one would you like to use?"
Thank you for taking the time with the cloned form. That works :)
- fadsmiamibeachAnswered on June 17, 2014 at 01:46 PM
Poked around and didn't find any ways to clone the form that you created...
- CarinaAnswered on June 17, 2014 at 02:20 PM
I apologize but I missed to provide you the link on how to clone a form:
Please accept my appologies and get back to us if further support is needed.
- fadsmiamibeachAnswered on July 07, 2014 at 09:01 PM
Thank you Carina. All set for now :)
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on July 07, 2014 at 11:57 PM
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.