- intranet.adminAsked on June 09, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Please can you help. There are a number of threads on this particular topic, but not sure where we stand at the moment with a solution.
What it is, the following process is required:
1) User enters their email address in a field (Eg: 'User email')
2) Notofication sent to our admin email address. (Say: firstname.lastname@example.org) with User email as the Sender Email
30) If Out of Office reply is switched on on our admin account, then the response is automatically sent to the user to indicate we are out-of office.
The problem is that it is no longer possible to enter the user email in the Sender Email box. I have tried to use the Reply-To address instead, but this does not work for the out of office replies.
- EliezerNAnswered on June 09, 2014 at 12:03 PM
If you want to choose the Email field of your form, where people enter their email address, so that your replies can go to the actual sender email address, then you may try to add a custom sender email by setting up your STMP credential using Mandrill. Please follow the steps of this guide to set the Email field as the Sender Email address for your Notifier: Set Email Field as the Notification Sender Email Address with Mandrill
That way your replies will be send to the email address entered in the Email field of your form.
Please inform us if you need further assistance with this query.
- intranet.adminAnswered on June 09, 2014 at 03:40 PM
Thanks for your reply. I have read the instructions and ultimately this provides a 'From-email' option. If you use SMPT details of our own server, will this give the 'From-Email' option too ?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 09, 2014 at 05:14 PM
Unfortunately, NO. Only Mandrill SMTP can activate the From E-mail option in the Notification Email wizard.
- intranet.adminAnswered on June 10, 2014 at 05:38 AM
Thanks. I have authenticated to mandrill thanks to the instruction. The new drop-down 'From-Email' appears for newly created forms, but is not available for my existing forms. Is there a way of making it so ?
- jedcadornaAnswered on June 10, 2014 at 08:35 AM
Your new existing forms are also using mandrill? If that doesn't show can you try cloning the form then follow the instruction here http://www.jotform.com/help/240-Set-Email-Field-as-the-Notification-Sender-Email-Address-with-Mandrill then check if the "From-Email" will now appear once authenticated.
- intranet.adminAnswered on June 10, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Thank you for the response. Does this mean I need to do this process for each individual form ?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on June 10, 2014 at 01:32 PM
Yes, if you wish to have a custom Sender Email in any other form, you must apply that workaround.