- kumcAsked on June 11, 2014 at 02:40 PM
Hello. I looked through the previous responses on this topic and none of the solutions posted seemed to help in my situation.
I created this form: http://www.jotform.com//?formID=41612814860957 using a lot of Conditions and I can't seem to get the unused conditional form fields to disappear.
I changed the Hide Empty Fields on Emails setting in the Preferences and that didn't seem to work. I know that the email Notification for this form is not the default Notification but when we tried creating a new form (using the default Notification) we had the same issue. The empty fields still appear.
I checked to make sure that none of the fields were required and none of them were.
I did add the download results as a PDF to the form and that version removed the empty fields but the email itself did not.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
- JotForm SupportsteveAnswered on June 11, 2014 at 04:26 PM
I'm checking into this now and will respond shortly.
- JotForm SupportsteveAnswered on June 11, 2014 at 05:06 PM
I got this to work. First I created a test form with two fields. I submitted it twice, once before enabling the hide empty fields in email option, once after.
Next I cloned your form and tried again. Here's the steps I followed to get it to work.
1) remove all existing email notifiers
2) add a new one from scratch. Don't update any of the fields. The defaults need to be left as is for it to work. Here's a link on how to set that up: https://www.jotform.com/help/25-Setting-Up-Email-Notifications
3) send a test submission with blank fields. It worked on my end:
Here's a thread with more information:
Let us know if you still have trouble hiding the blank fields in the submission emails. Thanks!