- TASPLBDMAsked on June 13, 2014 at 04:39 AM
Form No. - F70
We send this form through email to our customers for sending us the Feedback for a particular Quotation No. and Date. The Quotation No. is an Unique No.
In the email we provide the link to F70.
The customer clicks to open the form and fill to submit.
One customer has several no. of F70 to fill for different Quotation Nos.
We do not want to trouble our customers by recalling the quotation no. and date and feed in the form.
So we write the Quotation No. and Date in the email in which F70 link is provided.
We want the form F70 to autopick the Quotation No. and Date which is mentioned in email.
Please suggest a solution.
- EliezerNAnswered on June 13, 2014 at 11:22 AM
I am not sure if I have correctly understood your request. According to my understanding what you need is to pre-populate the fields "Quotation No." and "DATE" with information you provide in the email where the form URL is also shared. Am I correct?
If my assumption is correct, then you can accomplish it by using URL parameters to pre-populate the mentioned fields.
So, the first field that appears on your form and that needs to be pre-populated is "DATE". What you need to do is the following:
1. Open your form in your Browser (CHROME) and right click on the Month field of your DATE field.
2. Click on Inspect element option.
3. Then look for the attribute name and copy the text that appears after the underscore. In your form it is date25[month]
4. After that, get your form URL and add it a question mark ? at the end, in your case it would be: http://www.jotform.me/form/22021980720444?
5. Then, add/paste the text you copied from the name attribute of the Month field, paste it at the end of your form URL, this way, and then make sure to add an equal symbol, this way
6. And then, add to the URL the value for month that will be provided on the email, so let's say it is July, you will add 07 to the URL, this way:
Then, to add the other values (Day and Year) as well as for the Quoatation No. make sure to add a & symbol to separate the variables of each field. After that all you will need to do is to repeat the steps provided above.
That way you will be able to use on your form fields the same values you provide on your email.
I elaborated the URL your form to show you how it works:
As you can see I prepoluted the Date, Time and Quotation No. fields. In your case just make sure to use the values that you will provide on your email.
I hope this helps. Please inform us if you need further assistance with this query.
- TASPLBDMAnswered on June 14, 2014 at 01:17 AM
Hi. Yes you have understood the issue correctly.
But let me try the solution and will get back on this again to share.
thank you and regards
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on June 14, 2014 at 06:04 AM
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome.
Do try the solution suggested by my colleague and get back to us if you have any questions.