What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
are you HIPPA compliant?Asked by jenniferjmcounseling on June 16, 2014 at 01:34 PM
If I place a form I created through you on my website for therapy clients to complete and email to my HIPPA compliant email will the process be HIPPA compliant on your end?
Also, I would like a signed business associates agreeement to have to verify HIPPA compliance.
Thanks, Jennifer Magbanua
Jotform does not have a HIPAA Compliance Certificate, but you can use Jotform in HIPAA Compliant way. Please check the below details:
Our servers already match all criteria since we already care a lot about the security. However, some features of our application are not HIPAA compliant so if you refrain from using those features, I think you should be fine.
1. Always use SSL (https) version of JotForm site on your browser. Use "https://www.jotform.com" to login to your account, create your forms, look at your submissions and link to your forms.
2. Edit emails on all forms to make sure no specific information is used on them. We send emails in plain text. So, they are not secure. Only use emails to get alerts to know there is a new submission. Once you receive an email alert, log into the secure JotForm site and then look at the user
3. If you use the Reports feature only do it with password protection. That will both ask for a password, and it will transfer all data over SSL.
4. Same for uploads. They are not password protected.
5. Logout immediate after you are done with the site.
6. Regularly download submissions and then delete them.
Data stored on our servers are not encrypted, but access to our servers is safeguarded. Data transmission from the person who submits their health information to our servers can be done in an encrypted manner, by using the forms securely.
JotForm certainly complies with the technical safeguard section of the HIPAA security rule:
Information systems housing PHI must be protected from intrusion. When information flows over open networks, some form of encryption must be utilized. If closed systems/networks are utilized, existing access controls are considered sufficient and encryption is optional.
Basically, this are described from this thread: http://www.jotform.com/answers/4728. If you have any further concerns, please let us know.
Thank you for using Jotform!