- kevinreynoldsAsked on August 20, 2011 at 02:21 AMWhen saving under a clients name for example, if the same form is saved by the same client, the old form in drop box is overwritten and lost? can we have some time/date fields so PDF's are saved in the same client folder - rather than one at a time. This seams madness!!! the whole reason to save to dropbox is for record keeping - not record overwriting! looking forward to your comments.
This is a re-post of a comment on Upload to Dropbox with JotForm
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on August 20, 2011 at 02:48 AM
I personally understand your predicament. Indeed, entries submitted by the same client should be kept and should not overwrite one another.
With that in mind, I have submitted a report ticket to have this issue rectified soon. We will let you know once this is fixed but we cannot guarantee a specific lead time as we are not privy to what our developer's priorities are.
In the meantime, I suggest that you save the forms under a different field value instead, such as a Unique ID field, to prevent submissions from overlapping one another.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- asirobotsAnswered on January 11, 2012 at 01:25 PM
Is there any updates on this situation? Will it still over-write any files if the name is the same?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 11, 2012 at 01:31 PM
This is not changed yet. Files will still be overwritten if the name is the same.
- aletrasAnswered on November 11, 2012 at 10:24 PM
I have the same problem and submited a question in the forums.
In my case the name of the folder is the location and if someone from the same location uploads, the form submission is overwritten...
This really needs to be addressed.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 11, 2012 at 11:31 PM
We will be giving you an answer with this thread;