- RaleighRestorationsAsked on June 23, 2014 at 01:17 PM
Hello, I was wondering how I can change my "notifications" to my email to have the same subject as the user filling out the form has typed. Right now all of my emails are being combined because they all contain "Jotform, (persons name". I would like the email to read ONLY what the person has typed for "subject" so all the emails are kept separately per person.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 23, 2014 at 04:29 PM
Am I correct in assuming that you want the notification to use the 'subject' field's value as the email's subject line?
If so, here's how to do it:
1. Edit your form notification (here's how)
2. In the Compose Email page of the Email Wizard, click the Subject text box, you may delete this entry if you wish
3. Click the "Subject" entry under the Form Fields list to the right of the window
4. Click Finish, then save your form
Hope this helps.
- RaleighRestorationsAnswered on June 23, 2014 at 04:32 PM
exactly what I was looking for, I kept looking for it in the "reply to - recipient settings. Thank you very much!