- kevinreynoldsAsked on August 20, 2011 at 04:48 AM
How can you get RSS feeds to show the relevant form title - in most rss readers the title of the feed is always Jotform RSS Feed.
Is there any way the feed can be the title of the form or an element of a form?
Thanks in advance
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on August 20, 2011 at 06:52 AM
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I will submit a ticket to the development team and let them take a look at the issue.
Thanks for your patience.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on August 24, 2011 at 06:09 AM
To be certain that the development team will be doing the correct modifications on the RSS feed. Can you confirm if the screenshot below is the said issue?
We will wait for your response.
- kevinreynoldsAnswered on August 24, 2011 at 08:35 AM
yes - this is correct, each feed needs to be identifyable in its own right.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on August 24, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Thank you for the confirmation. I will let the developers know about this.
- kevinreynoldsAnswered on August 26, 2011 at 09:38 AM
Anyupdate on this progress?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on August 27, 2011 at 12:56 AM
The report ticket has been tagged as important. One of our developers are already looking into it.
May I know which reader you are using to subscribe to your form RSS report? I am not quite sure but I think RSS readers should be able to change the name for the rss subscription, just like with Google Reader.
This should work as a temporary solution until our developers find a way to implement what you're asking.
- kevinreynoldsAnswered on August 27, 2011 at 12:00 PM
This is working through the "mini app" from the app store, this app connects to news feeds and allows the car - a mini fitted with the mini media pack to read news feeds.
All the RSS feeds from jotform are all the same feed title.
- bmpskierAnswered on September 17, 2011 at 04:25 PM
I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to embed the results in a Google site and I'm getting just "NAME OF FORM: SUBMISSION DATE" instead of what I want (the name of the person who submitted). Would appreciate hearing if this problem has been solved.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 18, 2011 at 10:32 AM
Your issue isn't exactly the same as the original poster's. What kevinreynolds wanted was to have the actual RSS report to be named differently when added to an RSS reader. Right now, it's always "JotForm Submissions" by default, although in most RSS readers, it is possible to change the name as it is added.
Your concern is an entirely different matter, because what you want to be able to customize is the name of the RSS report entries, which are given a simple title "name of form: submission date". This is actually not a bug nor an error. It is just how entries are named.
I will add your input to the ticket attached to this request. We will see what our developers can do about it. You will be notified of any updates regarding your request.
- kevinreynoldsAnswered on October 03, 2011 at 10:09 AM
Hi Neil, any updates on this original request?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on October 03, 2011 at 05:19 PM
I have sent a request to our dev team, and hope we will get some more information regarding this problem. We will keep you updated once we get any additional information. Thank you very much for your patience in this matter.
Have a nice day!
- emrew86Answered on October 05, 2011 at 02:43 AM
Feature has been implemented...
- kevinreynoldsAnswered on October 05, 2011 at 03:00 AM
Will check iit out - thanks - Kev
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on October 05, 2011 at 04:26 AM
Let us know if you have any additional questions.
Thanks for using JotForm and have a great day!