- Jeshurun77Asked on July 17, 2010 at 05:30 AM
I would like to generate a form where some fields remain hidden until a user selects an option from a drop down menu or from a radio button group. As soon as an option is selected, the hidden fields will become visible and when the option is unselected the fields will become hidden.
When user selects ABC from a drop-down menu or radio button, a pre-defined form should appear and when selecting DEF, another pre-defining menu appears.
Can you do that with Jotform and if not, can you work something like this into Jotform?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on July 17, 2010 at 09:44 AM
Yes, this can be done using the "Conditions" feature. Here is an example form that shows how this works. Click on B question to see the hidden field:
Here is how you can use conditions:
1. Create your form with all of the questions. Do not worry about hiding showing questions. Just add all questions to your form now.
1. On the form builder toolbar, click on "Conditions" button on the toolbar. If you do not see a "Conditions" button, then click on "Setup & Share" tab on the toolbar to see it.
2. Select "Show / Hide a Form Field" option and use the wizard to create your conditions for each field. Do this one field at a time and test your form after adding each form.
- Jeshurun77Answered on July 19, 2010 at 02:37 AM
You're brilliant; thanks!