- duncan_macdonaldAsked on July 03, 2014 at 06:55 AM
I am trying to do a date string calculation and keep getting number results instead of dates eg. 16255.58
my partially completed form is https://secure.jotformpro.com/form/41817143367961
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 03, 2014 at 08:51 AM
I can't seem to find the date calculation in the given form. Did you remove the calculation widget? We'd like to check your form for the possible cause. We can't check it unless you will re-add the calculation.
- duncan_macdonaldAnswered on July 03, 2014 at 09:19 AMSorry forgot the link kept updating and have been working on other aspects of the form. The link should now have a calculation field at the bottom which is the problem field.Let me know if you need any other details.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 03, 2014 at 10:02 AM
We'll check this and get back to you later today. Thank you for waiting.
- duncan_macdonaldAnswered on July 16, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Any Ideas on this? I haven't heard anything back.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on July 17, 2014 at 05:09 AM
I did check your form and I was able to replicate the issue you are having. When you add two dates, it gives you a number.
May I ask you what is your requirement where you want to add two given dates and what is the output you are accepting? Do you want to concatenate the two date values? Is that you want to get the different between tow dates or the day count between two dates? I would suggest you to please elaborate your requirement.
We will wait for your response.
- duncan_macdonaldAnswered on July 17, 2014 at 06:49 AMHi,Thanks for your response. I want the calculation to be a date.I have assigned numeric values to the fields in my drop down list (Treatment Used) and want them to add to the final treatment date to give me the resulting date. For example if the final treatment date is 14th july and the value assigned to treatment used is 2 then the calculation should show 16th july. Is this possible? I found an example, but can't replicate it http://form.jotformpro.com/form/41832698201960
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on July 17, 2014 at 09:25 AM
Thank you for the clarification.
There seems to be some technical glitch where the "dateString()" function does not gets added in the "Form Calculation" wizard. For some reason, the dateString text automatically gets deleted from the formula. That is the reason you are unable to replicate the example form feature.
I am reporting this to our back end team. We will get back to you as soon as this issue is fixed.