- sklipAsked on July 04, 2014 at 07:51 AM
iS IT POSSIBLE FOR THE FORM TO INSERT an email based on the I.P. Address of the user?Page URL:
- CarinaAnswered on July 04, 2014 at 10:53 AM
I'm not sure if I understood correctly your inquiry. You wish to get an email address from a user IP address?
If this is correct I believe that mainly no. You can see here more details on this matter.
If I failed to understand your inquiry please accept my apologies and get back to us with more details.
Let us know if further support is needed.
- sklipAnswered on July 05, 2014 at 02:39 AM
I have a form that is used at various sites each has a different I.P. Address, I was wondering rather than duplicating the form for each site with different email reply addresses, if there is a was that the form can insert an email as to where It needs to be sent based on the I.P Address
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 05, 2014 at 12:29 PM
I don't think we can do it using IP Address. I checked our resources and couldn't find a way to catch IP Address and use it to our conditional logic.
As an alternative, I think our Get Referrer widget would accomplish the same. Get it here: http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/get_referrer. Please follow the steps below:
1. Add your form notification email for each website. You can customize the messages for each email settings.
2. Assuming that the Get Referrer Widget is already added to your form, add a conditional logic that would trigger the notification based on the Get Referrer data, for example:
We use "Contains" to make sure that the logic would catch the domain. You can add slashes to the domain, for example: domain.com/contact
Save your form and that's it.
If you wonder how that works, Get Referrer Widget automatically save the URL of the website/webpage where the form is embedded, and that's how we use it in the conditional logic.
Let us know if you need any further assistance or if you have any further questions.