- Mark SugarmanAsked on July 06, 2014 at 09:32 PM
Hi, I am having a problem in both IE9 and 11 where when I enter insufficient data for the form to submit and then click on the 'Back' link on the pop-up that comes up, when I return to the form all the data I had entered is gone. i.e all the forms have cleared. Can you help with this? This is a pretty urgent problem. Works fine in Chrome and Safari - no loss of data.
Thanks & regards,
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on July 06, 2014 at 11:31 PM
I'm sorry for the trouble caused to you.
I did test your form and I am able to replicate the issue you are having. I am reporting this to our back end team. We will get back to us as soon as this issue is fixed.
For now, I would like to make following suggestions:
Please be noted that the server level validation is actually a second level filter to check if the form has all the required data in correct format. The issue should be resolved in your browser level itself. If the required data is not input, the form should not be allowed to be submitted.
I did check your web page where you have embedded your form and found that you are embedded your form using it source code. Have you added any custom code in your form? I was not able to find any changes. There seems to be some code conflict between your form scripts and other scripts available in your web page.
I would suggest you to embed your form using its iFrame embed code and that should solve your problem. The following guide should help you in grabbing your form's iFrame embed code : http://www.jotform.com/help/148-Getting-the-Form-iFrame-Code
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on November 08, 2014 at 11:20 PM
We apologize for this delayed response, Mark.
Have you tried enabling the Autofill on your form builder? This should help fix your problem.
To set your Form's Autofill settings:
1. Click Setup & Embed, then click Preferences
2. In the Preferences window, click the Advanced Settings tab and click Edit Autofill Settings3. Enable Autofill. Set Auto Save to 4 Seconds. Choose the timeframe on how long it will stay live. Also, please do not forget to mark the checkbox as checked.4. Click save and save your form.