- TonerCarAOLcomAsked on July 13, 2014 at 01:05 PM
Is there a tutorial somewhere I can review that explains the difference between the Form Tools, "Text", "Text Box" and "Text Area" and the appropriate application of each? Thanks,
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on July 13, 2014 at 02:37 PM
There is no tutorial for this yet, let me do one for you and I'll get back to you later on.
- TonerCarAOLcomAnswered on July 13, 2014 at 02:40 PM
Thanks, I'll look for it.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on July 13, 2014 at 03:21 PM
Ok, here it is a picture showing the 3 of them on edit mode. Please find below the explanation.
1. Text : This is used for non-editable text. It comes with a toolbar so you can customize it such as changing font size, font color or embedding a link.
However, you input HTML code order to get a more customized field.
2. Text Box: This is for your user to input text. You can define the number of characters.
3. Text Area: This is a memo type field. You can use it for comments so people will have plenty for of room, with out a limit restriction.
1. You can define the number of columns and rows to determine the size of the box.
2. You can also choose the editor mode: Plain, Text or Fullscreen mode.
3. You can also define the dimension of the box by dragging and dropping the bottom right corner.
I hope this explanation helps.