- nfreebernAsked on July 15, 2014 at 12:09 PM
After a transaction is complete, authorize.net generates an authorization code. Is there any way to see this code inside a Jotform report?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on July 15, 2014 at 02:35 PM
I assume you are talking about the transaction ID that comes from Authorize.net, correct?
I see that does not come from JotForm's notifications, if you are referring to that code, please confirm, so we could send a ticket request to our second level to show that in your JotForm Email notification, so it can be shown on a JotForm Report.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on July 15, 2014 at 02:45 PM
Sorry, I got confused, I think this is the Authorization code you are referring to:
As far as know, there is no way to reflect it on a JotForm report so far, but if you want to, we could request that to our second level, but we can not assure you if it will be implemented.
- nfreebernAnswered on July 15, 2014 at 10:48 PM
It would be a huge help if this was possible. We need it to record transactions into Blackbaud.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 16, 2014 at 05:20 AM
I have now raised this as a feature request. Once this is implemented, we'll let you know via this thread.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on August 31, 2014 at 03:44 PM
Transaction ID is now available on submission reports and email notifications for Authorize.Net
Do note, however, that this change is not retrospective meaning only new submissions will have them.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on September 29, 2014 at 01:24 PM
Since this is different. I've moved your request to this new thread.