- markashtonAsked on July 17, 2014 at 07:36 AM
Have just tried this widget. I created a form especially to test the widget:
Here are my observations:
1) It doesn't work at all ... I cannot get it to do anything on an iphone 5
2) Why would this widget display any type of text like a normal field on the form? It is purely a function ... not a field per se ... so the fact that adding the widget displays text on the form itself ... well need I say more?
Have you tested this? It is a function that is specific to Iphone ... I'm pretty sure of that. Would you be kind enough to test it with the form that I created above.
Do you see a prompt? Oh ... I set the skip first visit to "No" so it should work straight away.
So, currently ... it's as if there is nothing ... anything would be an improvement ;-)
- jedcadornaAnswered on July 17, 2014 at 07:42 AM
Sorry but I have moved your ticket in this thread. I have sent this to our 2nd level for investigation.
- markashtonAnswered on August 04, 2014 at 06:48 AM
2nd level are effective!
You know ... it's pointless coming out with a fanfare for a new widget ... advising people ... when it hasn't been tested by a single human.
This widget should be called:
"Does absolutely nothing except stick an unwanted Click to edit ... on the screen and waste a load of your time"
You might want to make that shorter when renaming the widget
- jedcadornaAnswered on August 04, 2014 at 08:08 AM
Sorry if this ticket is taking too long to get resolve. The developer assigned to this ticket has been updated by your message and hopefully notify you as soon as possible via this thread. We are really sorry for the delay this caused you and your business.
- markashtonAnswered on August 04, 2014 at 08:41 AM
Why don't you remove it instead of wasting everyone's time as you no full well it doesn't work at all. Then people won't go up a blind alley.
Or at least rename it to: "Does Nothing"
Then people will be informed.
If you don't do this then you value people's time at $0
- jedcadornaAnswered on August 04, 2014 at 09:55 AM
I'm not sure when this was created that there's already a widget team who test and approve if widgets are 100% working. I guess not because if this was tested before they would have seen the output on Iphone. As a support I cannot really provide an ETA on this sine I know they work on priority base.
You'll surely be notified Mark once an update is available and we are really sorry for this inconvenience.
- markashtonAnswered on September 02, 2014 at 05:04 AM
What's the status with this please?
Am I correct it still does nothing? But is still accessible from the widget area?
- jedcadornaAnswered on September 02, 2014 at 06:40 AM
Unfortunately no updates yet from our dev. Yes still accessible from widget area. We can't give any specific date when this will get fixed, Sorry mark.
- markashtonAnswered on October 01, 2014 at 06:09 AM
Relating to this thread: http://www.jotform.com/answers/249718-How-To-Change-Form-Favicon
I think of favicon's in two ways ...
1) In the browser tab
2) As a desktop icon
Would be a good addition to be able to do this for jotforms where one has used the custom domain technique pointing CName at jotform address.
I know it can be done by embedding and Iframe but this is a non-viable route ... I like using the native forms ... changing the custom domain, etc .... works great.
So ... the favicon change would be great for that final bit of extra branding.
Any chance this widget could be looked at?
Actually does this widget actually do anything at all ... if so can you advise me so I can have a look.
Thanks, Regards Mark
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on May 01, 2015 at 08:26 AM
We've updated the widget - the shortcut popup should appear with the safari browser.
Unfortunately, the plugin restricts compatibility with iOS 5 and up.
Please check it out and let us know.
- markashtonAnswered on May 01, 2015 at 02:54 PM
I have tested the widget ... on an Iphone 6 & Ipad ... and it works. Load the form ... and the prompt drops down to advise on how to add to one's homescreen.
Problem ... the popup actually doesn't make sense ... it does actually show what to click .... have a look at it ... the icon you click is missing.
Bar that ... I think it is good.
Would you be kind enough to scrutinise the actual pop-up itself ... its missing an icon.
- CarinaAnswered on May 01, 2015 at 04:25 PM
Thanks for the additional information. I've added it to ticket so we can run further tests.
We'll let you know as soon as we have more details.
Let us know if we can assist you further.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on June 09, 2015 at 03:45 AM
I think Apple changed the way the plugin used to work on previous iOS versions.
The prompt is not clickable, but it guides users regarding what to do:
Even the next screen does not show the logo untill you click the '+'
The best we can do is allow users to customize the icon that will be displayed in the popup, which will be used for the home screen button.
You can customize the logo by adding a URL to your logo:
- markashtonAnswered on June 09, 2015 at 06:13 AM
Thanks for the report on that.
That is definitely an improvement.
I'll give it a whirl when I have a moment
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on June 09, 2015 at 09:11 AM
It's nice to see you around Mark. :)
Glad you like the new option. Let us know should you have any suggestions.