- woodyincAsked on August 25, 2011 at 06:39 PM
A field I have hidden unless a certain choice is selected is now appearing and confusing people.
What's up with this?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on August 25, 2011 at 09:50 PM
Could you please state which of the conditions is not functioning correctly?
- woodyincAnswered on August 25, 2011 at 09:57 PM
"how did you hear about us?"
the hidden field is "please tell us how you found our studio" and should only appear when "other" is selected
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on August 25, 2011 at 10:22 PM
Thanks for that info.
Do you have the form embedded on a page somewhere? I'm asking this because that condition worked just fine on my end when the form was viewed at it's own URL using all of my browsers: IE, Opera, Chrome, Safari and Firefox (on Windows).
If you have embedded the full source of the form, remove it from the page and use the Embed Form Wizard to get the updated code to embed.
Let me know if this helps.
- woodyincAnswered on August 26, 2011 at 12:43 AM
It's not everytime but does happen regularly.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on August 26, 2011 at 01:14 AM
I was able to recreate the problem using Firefox. The hidden fields appear and the required field validation isn't working. I have a feeling that this caused by the other "fieldless" form in your page, right above the form in question.
Try re-embedding the first form - http://www.jotform.com/form/11195253175 - using iFrame codes so that it does not conflict with the main form. If, and only if it does not help, re-embed the main form using iFrame codes as well.
To get your form's iframe codes:
1. Go to Setup & Embed tab
2. Click Embed Form
3. Click iFrame
4. Copy the codes provided in the succeeding screen
Let us know how these solutions work for you. Thanks!
- monamona00Answered on August 28, 2011 at 08:06 PM
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on August 28, 2011 at 08:35 PM
Do NOT post junk messages on this forum.