- Mandarpatil001Asked on July 22, 2014 at 06:25 AM
I want to link values inbetween Read only field
for Example: if i entered Option 1 in dropdown the Automatic values gets updated in Read Only Field of text Box.
- jedcadornaAnswered on July 22, 2014 at 08:01 AM
Here's how to link hidden fields and update values base on dropdown select.
1. Add a text box field then hide the field and make it read only
2. Add a condition "Update a form field value"
3. In the condition window follow this settings:
The condition states that if Select or your dropdown field is equal to Option 1 or your options in dropdown menu whatever value the your dropdown or select field has it will be passed to the field named as "Hidden". Make sure to check "Add field to equation as text by default" so it will be text and not numbers.
If you need help on doing this to your form you can do so by sharing your form URL and we'll be happy to help you.
- jedcadornaAnswered on July 22, 2014 at 09:22 AM
Since your 2nd question is different from the original thread I have moved that in a separate thread http://www.jotform.com/answers/406703. We'll reply to you as soon as we can.