- ccprintingAsked on July 25, 2014 at 02:23 PM
I updated my account to premium which I understand has a 1 Gig file upload limit
I can upload a 300mb file
I get a "failed" message when I try to upload a 500mb file
The latest attempt is a 500 MB tif file. I have my Max File Size set to 921600 and I have added .tif to the Extensions List.Page URL:
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on July 25, 2014 at 04:26 PM
Upon checking further, everything seems to be correctly setup. Is this happening while testing in the embedded version in your webpage?
If that is the case, can you please test the standalone version?
If this is happening in this version as well, then let us know and we will make some test and get back to you with a workaround or we would have to forward this to our devs.
- ccprintingAnswered on July 25, 2014 at 05:36 PM
I opened a direct link to the form http://form.jotform.us/form/42006536842148
Tried uploading the same 500Test.tif file and got the same Failed error message.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on July 25, 2014 at 07:49 PM
You are much right, I was able to reproduce the error in your standalone version of the form
I can even reproduce it in a test form of mine, even with small files
So, I'm forwarding this to our second level engineers.
- ccprintingAnswered on July 28, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Any estimate on how long before this will be fixed?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on July 28, 2014 at 11:04 AM
I am unsure as to when exactly we will have a resolution for you but I can say that your issue has been assigned to a developer already and have been given top priority. As functionality issues such as these are very serious to us, I would assume you will not have to wait long. Thank you very much for you patience.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on July 29, 2014 at 04:21 AM
I'm investigating on the issue. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache? I'm suspecting that this may have something to do with your cache or your brower's settings. Does this problem also happens under a chrome browser?
- ccprintingAnswered on July 29, 2014 at 03:10 PM
I cleared the cache in Chrome and tried to upload a 500mb tif file and it failed.
Your technical support staff allready tried uploading to the form from their browser with no luck
Please read the previous responses
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on July 29, 2014 at 03:40 PM
I was able to reproduce the problem using Firefox, with a form of mine and tried with a small file.
However, I've double tested it today, and the problem seems to have gone. Please try resetting your browser's settings or just clearing the browser cache as recommend by our developer.
- ccprintingAnswered on July 30, 2014 at 02:54 PM
I tried again using IE 11, cleared cookies and cache,
Tried uploading a 500MB Tiff and it failed
Uploaded a 267 MB Tiff and it went thru OK
I uploaded using the form directly in the browser
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on July 30, 2014 at 03:24 PM
Thank you for reporting the results of your testing, Lyam is in charge of this thread. He'll get back to you with any update via this thread.
- ccprintingAnswered on July 30, 2014 at 03:29 PM
I tried again using Firefox cleared the cache
Tried uploading a 500MB Tif File and it Failed
- ccprintingAnswered on August 06, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Any update on this issue?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 06, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Our development team has been doing some testing but it appears there is not yet a resolution. I sent a message to the developer in charge of this to see if there is any current information that we have not yet passed along. Thank you for your patience and hopefully we will have this taken care of soon.
Thank you for using JotForm!
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on August 11, 2014 at 03:01 AM
We do not suggest to use multiple upload field for files more than 100 MB.
If you disable it, you will be able to get files up to 1024 MB (1 GB),