- VCEAsked on July 28, 2014 at 08:49 AM
When clicking the PDF Link in an email the link does not work in IE8.
I had a similar issue with the edit submission link but this was fixed.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 28, 2014 at 09:32 AM
Meaning, you cannot view it using your IE8 browser? Or, you can't download it in IE8? Did you see an error when trying to click the link? Please let us know!
- VCEAnswered on July 28, 2014 at 09:49 AM
This is what I get when I click the link...
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 28, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Thank you for the screenshot. Don't you have another browser, i.e chrome or firefox? If you have, I would advise to download the PDF file using any of these browsers while I continue to investigate such problem.
- VCEAnswered on August 01, 2014 at 07:19 AM
Whilst I personally have another browser I can use, as a company we currently support IE8 as the default browser on company computers. This will therefore mean that the majority of users will, when clicking the link, open the file via IE8
- jedcadornaAnswered on August 01, 2014 at 08:45 AM
I tried downloading the pdf link in email using IE8 and I was able to. I suggest that you reset your browser to default then try the link again. Please follow this guide on how to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737.