- raviranganAsked on August 01, 2014 at 12:05 PM
I recently signed up for your product. We have a not for profit data collection from students every year for 3 months (student loan application). During that period I would like to upgrade to the paid plan for 3 months. Then move back to free plan and then reactivate next year for 3 months. I have a few questions
1) After I move back to the free plan can I access the data still (through your API)
2) Is it possible to disable the form and give a custom message for 9 months and then reactivate it. This is in case a student uses the url after the 3 month expiry period
3) I looked up your FAQ and it says you can downgrade and it will cancel your subscription but account limits for free tier will be honored. My question is in the paid period I have a higher disk space for data. In the quiet period I will not be have any form submissions, but will my original data be retained. Or should I retrieve it during the paid period and store it offline.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 01, 2014 at 01:31 PM
Thank you for using Jotform :) With regards to your questions:
1. All of your forms data are still yours. You should still be able to access the submissions to your forms. The only change is that your account will set back to Free Status.
2. Limiting Form is possible, by date or number of submissions. Please refer to this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/137-How-to-Limit-Submissions-in-a-Form. If you simply want to disable the form, you can do that by following this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/180-How-to-Change-the-Status-of-Forms
Custom Message is possible, just simply change it from the Form Limit section:
3. Your form data are safe. Again, downgrading your account shouldn't affect your form submissions. They will remain intact to your account. Only the submissions limit will change to the Free Plan.
Let us know if you have any further questions.