- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 04, 2014 at 04:50 AM
Technically it is possible to pre-populate your form fields. Now the question is how you can pre-populate from a web service.
There is no direct way to achieve this and you can not bind the form fields with data source. What you can do is that you can create a server side page where you can read the values form your web service and then dynamically populate your form fields. Here are the steps you should follow:
1. Create a server side page or ajax page where you can read the values from your web services.
2. Read the data from the web services and store it in a local variable.
3. Generate the pre-population URL of your form by taking advantage of our "Field Prepopulator" app.
4. You can write your redirect code to redirect your page to pre-populated form URL.
You may also like to take a look at the following guide which should help you: http://www.jotform.com/help/71-Prepopulating-fields-to-your-JotForm-via-URL-parameters
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.