- benjaminaureliusAsked on August 04, 2014 at 01:09 AM
thanks to the search I came over the masking feature. It is great and just what I needed.
There is one problem though: If you enter a mask, e.g. "(020) ###-####" and you set the field on "Required" it will never prompt the user with an error message --> because it is always completly filled with data. In this case it would give out the string "(020) ___-____".
I hope you could set the requirement so, that the user really has to fill out ALL # with his own numbers. Thank you so much!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on August 04, 2014 at 05:32 AM
I tried it as you described on this test form http://www.jotform.me/form/42152781466457
but I was not able to reproduced it.
The Required script properly prompt for the empty field (Phone)
The test form I did uses this masking value (020)###-####
Can you share to us the URL of your form were you have seen this. We will test your form.
Inform us if issue persist.
- benjaminaureliusAnswered on August 04, 2014 at 09:14 AM
As I wrote before, it would be great if the user would have to fill out ALL the #. As soon as one number is entried I get no error message anymore.
- jedcadornaAnswered on August 04, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Can you share the URL on where it is currently embedded? Like my colleague I also wans't able to replicate the issue. I just put one number and tried submitting the form and it gives an error.
- benjaminaureliusAnswered on August 04, 2014 at 11:02 AM
I have used the Test Form provided above. I have it now tested both with Chrome and Firefox. Sadly I am not able to produce a screencast of it, as it seems that Java is not running probaly on this machine.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 04, 2014 at 11:55 AM
I also check the input mask feature and I am unable to replicate the issue.
We will wait fro your response.
- benjaminaureliusAnswered on August 04, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Here it is:
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 04, 2014 at 01:18 PM
I did check your screencast and have understood the issue you are having.
It seems even if the one character of the input mask is filled, the form is allowed to be submitted. I am not sure if this is a bug but, I am reporting this to our back end team. We will get back to you as soon as we have any update from them.
- benjaminaureliusAnswered on August 09, 2014 at 07:27 PM
is there any update on this?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on August 09, 2014 at 08:32 PM
The bug ticket was already assigned to a developer and is currently being checked.
I am sorry if we could not provide you with a time frame when this will have a fixed. But we assure you that it will be available as soon as possible.
Our dev team will update this thread with notification as soon us there is update on the status.
- benjaminaureliusAnswered on August 12, 2014 at 09:43 AM
thank you so much. Works perfectly. I hope that other users will profit from this, too.
One addon would be great: if you could add an easy way to change the warning text. Is there a workaround for this at the moment?