- Mirage61Asked on August 04, 2014 at 09:00 AM
Have just created my first form and done the Paypal IPN thing. Form is online but on submitting it just goes to a blank page connecting to http://submit.jotformeu.com/submit/42146845949366/ but then times out.
Not exactly encouraging me to sign up to the paid version. Isn't this "supposed" to be quick and easy?
This needs to be working today. Will have to try another solution I think.
Oh and by the way,your templates page doesn't load. Tried on two different computers, mac and pc with different browsers. Same problem as the form, just keeps loading then times out. All other sites are fine so it's not my connection.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on August 04, 2014 at 10:30 AM
We're sorry to hear about that.
I have moved your second query on form templates here where we can adequately respond.
About the first error:
- I took a copy (clone) of your form and configured it with my Paypal email address.
- I then opened the form and filled it out - when I submitted the form, it directed me to my Paypal checkout page as expected, where form users can make a payment via Paypal.
I would therefore recommend that you do the following in succession:
1. Open the Paypal settings as shown below from the form builder, and delete the email address, then type it back again - make sure there are no spaces before or after the email when you type it in. Save your changes and try filling and submitting the form.
2. If that does not work, please delete the Paypal field, and add it back again (not to worry, the form builder will save your settings and restore them when you re-add the field again):
Please let us know if this helped, and if not, with your permission we can make these changes for you.
- Mirage61Answered on August 04, 2014 at 02:23 PM
Sorry but still not working. Deleted paypal address and added it back again then tried but same blank page and time out. Also completely deleted the Paypal integration and product then did the whole setup again but still does not work. Incredibly frustrating. This is the only thing holding up completion of the web site and the deadline is tonight!
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on August 04, 2014 at 03:18 PM
I understand how frustrating it is when thing are not moving in the right way. We'll help you in resolving the issue.
I see that the redirection to paypal is happening smoothly when JotForm URL is used.
However, we see a blank page from the webpage embedded form. Since the issue is with the embedded form, I request you to re-embed the form using iframe method and check. This should resolve the issue.
Please do not hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance. We are always happy to assist you.
- Mirage61Answered on August 04, 2014 at 04:09 PM
Thanks for looking into this. I have tried the iFrame version but same result. Of course it could be some sort of network issue at my end. Have asked the customer to try it from her computer, perhaps it will work there. I will reboot the router and try again then get back to you.
- Mirage61Answered on August 04, 2014 at 04:19 PM
Ok seems to be working now. One thing though. I need people to be able to pay through Paypal with their credit/debit card even if they don't have an account. So for example rather than be offered the option to pay with their Paypal account or set up a new account they are just presented with a page to put in their card details and then the order is processed. Do you know which Paypal method that is?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 04, 2014 at 05:25 PM
Glad to hear your integration is now working properly. To allow your users to pay with a credit card without a Paypal account, you would need a merchant account with Paypal and would need to use the "Paypal Pro" form.
Please let us know if you have any further questions and we will be happy to help.
Thank you for using JotForm!