What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.

At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.

We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.

  • Profile Image

    My response form has 6 different event options from which to choose.

    Asked by osdevents on August 05, 2014 at 09:17 AM

    The auto-response email is set up to merge in the event the guest chooses when registering. We have tested the form and it's features on several browsers, devices, and platforms. It works great on everything but AOL. The merge function is non-existent when using AOL. Is there a fix?

  • Profile Image
    JotForm Support

    Answered by Welvin on August 05, 2014 at 09:46 AM


    So meaning, the selection made from the field "Please indicate the event you will attend:" is missing when the autoresponder is received using AOL Mail Account? The field name or tag is correct so that should be the problem.

    Maybe, the submitter didn't select an option from the field? Since that is NOT required, someone can skip that field. I would advise to make that field as required:


    Hope that helps!


  • Profile Image

    Answered by osdevents on August 05, 2014 at 10:29 AM

    Great idea to make a choice required. Thanks!

    A colleague was testing the form using her AOL acct. She did select an option, in this case the second 9/17 option. Her auto-response email just left that field blank. I also tested the form, selecting the same event and my auto-response email merged in the event I had selected.

    When others also tested the form using other email providers, selecting events each time, the auto-response forms all included the merge event info. It appears as if only the AOL provider stripped the merged info.

    Is there a work-around?

  • Profile Image
    JotForm Support

    Answered by david on August 05, 2014 at 10:53 AM


    I do not believe the information should be stripped out by any email provider as it appears your email response only contains text. Usually the only data email providers will strip out are images and code.  Even then you are usually given the option to show what is hidden.  When I checked the actual submission data, the only submissions from an email address ending in @aol.com selected "No" for the field "I/We will attend the 2014...", which would be why there was no event data in the email response.  

    When testing a cloned version of your form, everything does indeed appear to be set up correctly and working.

    Please let us know if you have any further questions and we will be happy to help.

    Thank you for using JotForm!