- scottypotty4x4Asked on August 05, 2014 at 12:58 PM
I am creating an online registration form. The form requires the user to enter the birthdate of the player. Based on the age of the player determines what Division he is in. Different divisions have different pricing. I want to either automatically add the pricing into the "shopping cart" or somehow verify the birthdate against the product selected in the payment options. Can this be done
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 05, 2014 at 02:03 PM
I want to either automatically add the pricing into the "shopping cart" or somehow verify the birthdate against the product selected in the payment options.
I am not sure if I have understood your question correctly. Do you want to ensure that user makes the payment for selected divisions only and not others?
I believe it is possible to achieve your requirement by taking advantage of a combination of features. Here are the steps you should follow:
1. Add a "Form Calculation" widget in your form.
2. Add "Update a form field value" condition in your form to check the input birth date range and update the value of form calculation with the required price. Condition will be similar to what you already have to show/hide the divisions. Please check the screenshot below:
3. Add a "Payment Question" in your form for "Custom Amount" and set it to read the amount from the "Form Calculation" widget. The following guide should help you: https://www.jotform.com/help/275-How-to-pass-a-calculation-to-a-payment-field Please check the screenshot below:
If you want you can hide the "Form Calculation" widget of your form.
Please take a look at the following cloned form and see if this meets your requirement where I have added the condition to show price of 10 to 40 for the divisions: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/42164993020956?
Feel free to clone this form for a closer look. The following guide should help you in form cloning: https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.