- hollywoodtodayAsked on August 05, 2014 at 10:00 PM
How to make the text box words save on the paypal transaction info
Here's my form. http://form.jotform.us/form/42156707594158
I need the information from the website checkboxes all the way down to the comments, I need all those sent through to my paypal payment, so that when they purchase I'll know if they purchased a site, and Ill know their skype name, Ill know their email, and domain, and comments.
What are the options for sending that info somewhere when they purchase. Send to paypal? email? webpage?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on August 06, 2014 at 04:31 AM
Since you were using a Custom Calculation Payment form as described on this user guide
-How-to-pass-a-calculation-to-a-payment-field , you cannot pass the details/descriptions of the custom calculations to the Paypal transaction details.
In your custom calculation payment form, the only details/description that can be pass to Paypal payment will the the description of the custom payment. See the screen below what I meant about this
In your form http://www.jotform.com/42156707594158 it was "Cost" as the only field that have part in the Paypal integration.
All the other fields that did the calculationsn the form is not integrated to Paypal.
So on actual paypal payment process, only the Cost will have description in the Paypal screen.
I suggest you also try creating your paypal payment form using the Paypal integration and use the products options instead.
There are a lot of options you can still apply to the Paypal tool that I think will make it possible to work similarly to your Custom calculation payment form.
Please check this user guide How-To-Add-Options-In-The-Payment-Form
Here is a demo form http://www.jotformpro.com/form/30823446292959
In the demo form, there is an option to use custom quantity and sub-products option.
Hope this help. Inform us if there is more we can help you with.
- hollywoodtodayAnswered on August 06, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Great, but I'm lost. If you guys could do it for me, that would be fantastic.
I need this form http://form.jotform.us/form/42156707594158 to send each of the fields on through to paypal so that when I look in my account I have a breakdown of each item they bought/how much/ and everything.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on August 06, 2014 at 01:53 PM
You can start creating the Payment integration in your form, choose either Paypal Standard or Paypal Pro(as in the image), also we got Paypal Checkout. You must have a merchant account at Paypal for the last 2.And add your products with the desired values. At any rate, let me clone your form and do a attempt to get a close form based on the one you pasted.
- hollywoodtodayAnswered on August 06, 2014 at 02:55 PM
o boy, sitting here for hours, but I just can't wrap my head around it. Everytime I visit the wizard icon, it looks different from the images I see.
BTW, I have paypal business, hopefully that will work.
- hollywoodtodayAnswered on August 06, 2014 at 04:43 PM
ya I REALLY need somebody to build it for me
- hollywoodtodayAnswered on August 06, 2014 at 06:22 PM
Please, somebody help with this form otherwise Ill have to switch to wufoo
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on August 06, 2014 at 06:24 PM
Upon checking your form, I see you have setup already to pass the values to the Paypal field:
And the total amount is passing through your Paypal:
So, what is it that is not passing through?
- hollywoodtodayAnswered on August 06, 2014 at 08:41 PM
Now, Ill log into my paypal, Ill see a $53 deposit, but I have no idea what products he chose to add up to the $53. You can see theres no breakdown of products in my paypal in this shot--> http://prntscr.com/4ab6oj
I need a breakdown. How do I do that. Please help. Please makke this form do it--> http://form.jotform.us/form/42156707594158
:) I cant figure this out for anything!!! Its making me crazy
- hollywoodtodayAnswered on August 06, 2014 at 10:48 PM
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on August 07, 2014 at 12:30 AM
I think, this form can be what you are looking for. if notice, all the information selected goes to Paypal:
Feel free to clone my form, see this guide.
Then you can keep customizing it. The guide below can be of great help:
If you need further help, please let us know the exact table of prices and we will try to help you to finish the customization.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on August 07, 2014 at 12:32 AM
Just one comment, since you have Paypal Business account, you can use Paypal Pro integration. Then follow that guide. My form was made using Paypal (Standard) which requires just the email address.
- hollywoodtodayAnswered on August 07, 2014 at 01:25 AM
1. Your created form is good, but where do I edit the "cost" section. Ok, if you guys can work with me on the rest, that would be fantastic. Please explain how I can change the products in the drop down, I will have a good 30 products with different values. 30 for 1 dropdown and 30 for the other.
2. Can you change the 2 checkboxes so they look just like the drop downs? This way, they only choose one AND only one will show up in my paypal breakdown. So it would look like this--> http://prntscr.com/4ad58c
3. when you build it, please make sure all these fields are present and will send their information to paypal as well--> http://prntscr.com/4ad5f2
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on August 07, 2014 at 05:19 AM
You need to run again the product configuration wizard to change the products.
Use the Add New Products to add items/products as much as you want.
There is probably no need to give the user a YES/NO option.. you can just give them one option -- that is to select the item or not. So, selecting the item is Yes, not selecting is No.
You can choose only up to 1 Custom field to be included in the Paypal custom description. So, it is not possible to include of your multiple fields to it. You must decide which text field you want to appear in the Paypal as the description of what had been bought.
Hope this help. Tell us if you need further assistance.
- hollywoodtodayAnswered on August 08, 2014 at 01:47 AM
awesome thanks bud!
You guys should prob add the option to have all fields added to my paypal, so when I log into my paypal I can click "details" and see a breakdown of what they bought.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 08, 2014 at 04:17 AM
I am not sure if sending all the form fields to PayPal will be possible because of the PayPal limitation.
Please be noted that PayPal can only accept one field with the limitation of 1024 characters.