Form Group-Collapse function has stopped working

  • Profile Image
    john.roscoe
    Asked on August 12, 2014 at 01:47 AM

    Today I have found my enrolment form is broken because the condition to show/hide a group of fields has suddenly stopped working. Nothing has been changed in my form and I have also tested an earlier clone of the form I have used for testing and this also has the same problem. 

    Please use the clone to test - the form ID is http://www.jotform.com//?formID=42080536693962

    To test - if you enter all details on page 1 and choose Status at Assembly = Associate it should display the 'Open Associates' group. Similarly if you choose Status = Observer it should display the 'Open Observers' group.

    Nothing displays on the page - just the NEXT button

    Please be aware this is a live form and in use for enrolling delegates, so an urgent fix is much appreciated.

     

  • Profile Image
    ashwin_d
    Answered on August 12, 2014 at 09:09 AM

    Hello john.roscoe,

    I did check your form's condition and it seems you have one condition which always skips to page 3. I am not sure if this is correct condition. Please check the screenshot below:

    Apart from this, you form seems to work as expected. Please check the screenshot below:

    Have you embedded this form in your web page where it it not working? Please share the web page URL and we will take a look.

    We will wait for your response.

    Thank you!

  • Profile Image
    john.roscoe
    Answered on August 12, 2014 at 05:56 PM

    Hi - thanks for your reply

    "I did check your form's condition and it seems you have one condition which always skips to page 3. I am not sure if this is correct condition."

     Yes this is the correct condition but it gave me an idea - I added a header field to page 3 and made it hidden and now it works correctly! It seems that a 'skip to page' condition needs 'somewhere to land' before it can perform the next step (which is to display either one group or the other). 

    What I cant figure out is why this has worked perfectly for over 5 months but not now - maybe I changed something but cant remember doing so. Anyway now its fixed thank you.