- Clare RickellAsked on August 13, 2014 at 07:29 PM
Hi there, I seem to be getting about 5 emails a day through my website greenthumbmarketing.com.au, I created the site in Adobe Muse and originally had a muse contact form on the left hand side as well as on the contact us page. I was getting a few spams in so I deleted it from left of the page so getting people to fill in the contact form on the contact us page only.
Just sitting here typing I have 4 spams come in! They are all different ip addresses.
Is there a way I can stop them?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on August 13, 2014 at 09:02 PM
Yes, you can enable Unique Submissions with Strict Check in your form, this will control the IP address.
Here is the guide for further help.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on August 13, 2014 at 09:05 PM
Sorry, this is the correct link.
- BlackmoggeieAnswered on August 14, 2014 at 12:30 AM
Thanks but its still doing it, Ive just got 20 emails.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 14, 2014 at 03:52 AM
It seems you are not getting spam submissions but someone is sending your spam emails.
I did check your account and found that you have actually NOT received any submission in this whole month. That means the 20 emails you have received today is not from your form.
- BlackmoggeieAnswered on August 14, 2014 at 06:21 PM
MMM sorry I may be think! but if they are not from my form, where are they from? I have had 20 overnight?
it say its from my website.Form submitted from website: www.greenthumbmarketing.com.auVisitor IP address: 220.127.116.11
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on August 14, 2014 at 07:41 PM
You can blacklist the mails from within your Cpanel or request this to your hosting service provider to do it for you.
I hope this helps.
- BlackmoggeieAnswered on August 14, 2014 at 07:51 PM
Thanks for your help I will look into it, its all very confusing and annoying, it seems to be coming through a submission form of some type but via my email link maybe, though I would have thought that would just go to their outlook or whatever client they use for emails, I still wonder why they make the effort doing it in the first place, someone sat down and throughout of it a few years ago. Sad people.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on August 14, 2014 at 09:04 PM
Best of luck in that fight. We do have automated system to block thousand of them, but some of them will bypass the systems. Hopefully you'll get this sorted out.
- BlackmoggeieAnswered on August 16, 2014 at 09:02 PM
Hi thanks, I just logged on and its sunday and I had over 30 "Fast form submission" spams, I just don't know where its getting it from on the site, I have another website with my email address on too and I hardly get any from it and its been up for over 12 years, this new website has been up about 3 months and its only in the last 3 weeks I had the spams coming in, the last week heaps.
If I knew where on my site it was geeing it from I would change it. I might just have to delete the email address from the site altogether but it maybe too late if they have it already, unless I change my email address too but this is on everything.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 17, 2014 at 02:43 AM
I am not sure but you can receive the spam emails for variety of reason. Have you tried blocking the emails already? Are you receiving email all coming from the same IP address? I would suggest you to speak to your email service provider and ask them to block it.
- BlackmoggeieAnswered on August 17, 2014 at 07:20 PM
They are all from different IP addresses, all with the header Fast quote form Submission, I have made a rule in my Outlook but its not capturing them for some reason.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 18, 2014 at 01:08 AM
Have you checked your web mail account already? Please check if you actually receive those emails there. It could be a malware related issue as well.
I would suggest you to scan your system and see if you find any malware.
- BlackmoggeieAnswered on August 18, 2014 at 01:52 AM
Hi I run on a mac so its not an issue, blocking isn't working either and neither is the Rules in outlook, they are still streaming in. eekk