- coffygroupAsked on August 19, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Our folders keep disappearing, which makes no sense because the forms that were in the folders are still live on the websites? This is a big problem for us as we are an agency with many clients. We need this fixed asap or we'll need to find a new form provider.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 19, 2014 at 02:12 PM
When a folder is deleted the forms associated with that folder are not deleted. You may have one form associated with many folders also. I have had a few users lately say they are also missing folders, though one stated they had been deleted by another person. I have submitted a bug ticket to see if there may be something happening on our end and we will update you in this thread when we have any further information.
Thank you for using JotForm!
- coffygroupAnswered on August 19, 2014 at 03:09 PM
But that's the point... we're not deleting folders, they are just disappearing. This is a big problem as we need to know with certainty that all of our clients' forms are up and running and in folders where we can access them. If someone can get back to us ASAP and let us know whether you can retrieve the folders that have disappeared, that would be great. For example, off the top of my head, I can see that the Ariba Oil and 43rd Medical folders have disappeared.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 19, 2014 at 04:14 PM
Thank you for providing more information about which folders specifically are missing. As I stated previously, our developers will look into this as soon as they have a chance and we hope to have a resolution for you soon. Thank you for your patience.
- coffygroupAnswered on August 20, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Just noticed that another folder (Arcisphere) missing. If we can't get these folders recovered today, we're going to have to cancel our account and find another provider.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 20, 2014 at 11:50 AM
We have a developer assigned to your issue and it has been given our top priority. Issues with folders or any inherent functionality are very serious for us and we are currently looking in to this. We will update you as soon as we have any further information.
Thank you for using JotForm!
- coffygroupAnswered on August 20, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Can we expect an response today?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 20, 2014 at 01:10 PM
Unfortunately I can not say when we will have a resolution for you. We will let you know when we do have any further information as soon as we can.
- IDOEWebmasterAnswered on August 20, 2014 at 01:43 PM
Same issue here (hope you don't mind me posting in this thread). The two folders were Safety and ISSSA. Started happening about two weeks ago.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 20, 2014 at 02:56 PM
Your addition has been noted. Thank you for letting us know. We will update this thread we know anything further.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on August 20, 2014 at 11:39 PM
I've moved your question to another thread
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on August 20, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Your folder are now showing in your account, please open a separate thread if the problem persists.
- coffygroupAnswered on August 22, 2014 at 11:43 AM
This is ridiculous. I'm glad other people's problems are being solved, but we posted this issue on the 19th and nothing has been addressed. We have clients to answer to but are unable to access their folders. I need a firm answer as when this issue will be resolved or that you are unable to resolve it so we can move on to another more stable form provider.
- IDOEWebmasterAnswered on August 22, 2014 at 11:49 AM
@Jeanette My folders are not showing under the "My Forms" area and when I select a form and then select "Folders" from the tools menu bar.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 22, 2014 at 12:00 PM
We are currently unable to give you an exact time when this will be resolved. I have done what I can on my end and there is a developer looking into this. We understand completely if you need to use a different form provider in the mean time.
- JotForm SupportpaulsimpsonAnswered on August 23, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Your missing folders have been located and will be restored into your account as soon as possible. We are very sorry for the problems you have experienced and any inconvenience this has caused you.
- coffygroupAnswered on August 25, 2014 at 10:52 AM
I'm glad to hear the folders have been located. Do you have an ETA for when they will be back in our account? And what steps are being taken to ensure this won't happen again?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 25, 2014 at 11:39 AM
I haven't heard back from the Paul about the ETA yet. As the restoration takes a bit of database manipulation it must be done very carefully. Depending on how long it takes to apply the patch and test to see if it affected anything else, your forms should be restored immediately after the fix is applied. The update should fix what caused this.
Let us know if you still have any problems with your folders and we will be happy to assist you further.
Thank you for using JotForm!
- JotForm SupportpaulsimpsonAnswered on August 27, 2014 at 08:50 PM
All of your folders have now been restored. Sorry for the delay in this matter.
- coffygroupAnswered on August 28, 2014 at 09:47 AM
Thank Paul. And have measures been taken to ensure this does not happen again?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 28, 2014 at 11:01 AM
There was a data replication issue with out servers. The data was being saved it was just not being properly reflected in users accounts. This issue has been resolved and should not happen again. No data was lost in the process.
- coffygroupAnswered on August 28, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Great. Glad to hear.