- reelstuff2000Asked on September 03, 2011 at 01:19 PM
I am setting up a wine website and would like viewers to have to say that they are over 21 to enter. something like the one below.Page URL:
- allanftdAnswered on September 03, 2011 at 01:36 PM
Sorry but at this time, JotForm forms cannot perform mathematical computations based on date, making it unable to compute for someone's age based on his/her birth date.
A workaround that might be acceptable to you is to use a text box that users can enter their ages, then using a show/hide condition, hide the Submit button if the user is 21 yrs old or below. If you are interested in getting to know more details about this workaround, please let us know and we'll provide it to you.
Thank you for using JotForm!
- reelstuff2000Answered on September 03, 2011 at 01:38 PM
Yes, I believe something like this would work... I would love more details.
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on September 03, 2011 at 11:13 PM
To achieve this please do the following:
First you need to add a Number box to your for for the Age
1. Open the form in JotForm.
2. From the Quick Tools choose Number field.
Next step is to set the Condition, only show the Submit button if Age is equals
or above 21.
3. Click on 'Setup & Embed'
4. Select 'Conditions'
5. In the Conditions Wizard choose the first option "Show/Hide a form field" then click on Next
6. Set the condition if age is less than 21 then hide the submit field.
7. Click on 'Save'
Hope this helps, let us know if you have clarifications.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 04, 2011 at 04:45 AM
For some reason, your reponse failed to display in this thread. For the benefit of other users who might be interested to hear your feedback, please re-post your message by going to this link - http://www.jotform.com/answers/41932-Can-I-design-a-log-in-form-to-my-website-so-that-no-one-under-21-can-enter#4
- reelstuff2000Answered on September 04, 2011 at 03:26 PM
Thanks for your help... It worked great. The instructions given by mliz were a little different that my jot form version maybe but I figured it out and did a little different variation. For example Age was not an option on mine. I'm still working on site but it may work if you go to www.lavccustomwines.com. Thanks!! I have also included a jot form on my contact page too.
- allanftdAnswered on September 04, 2011 at 03:49 PM
You're welcome, our team is glad to have the opportunity to help you!
Please let us know if you need further assistance.