- ssharpAsked on August 22, 2014 at 08:14 PM
Hi! I've built a form that calculates a total and I'd like it to show the total with commas (e.g. 1000 becomes 1,000). How do I do that? Also, I'd like it to have a $ sign.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on August 22, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Unfortunately you cannot format the results of numerical calculations with comma separator yet.
But you can use the Masked Input widget to setup such format on a field and then just use condition to copy the value of the Masked widget to another field.
You can concatenate the number with currency symbol by just adding it in the formula. Like this
I will also submit a request feature to have comma separator in the format of Calculation results.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on August 22, 2014 at 10:15 PM
I forgot to mention that we will notify you on this thread once we have update on the request ticket I have submitted about the comma separator/format in Calculated results.
- mmurphygliAnswered on October 28, 2015 at 01:50 AM
Has there been any traction on adding a comma separator? This would be incredibly useful.
- paul_xAnswered on October 28, 2015 at 03:03 AM
Hi @ssharp & @mmurphygli.
I created a simple form to show the comma-separated-grouping. Is this what you're looking for? I used the commaSeparate() function for this.