What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
URLs gathered in a form do not display fully in Google SheetsAsked by jonmp on August 24, 2014 at 12:03 AM
I have a jotform that asks users to input a URL. I have a default "stem" in the input field to make it easier for them. Howver, when this is integrated with Google sheets, the spreadsheet cell displays only the part of the URL that they actually entered. The stem is not visible, but is clearly there as clicking on the cell gives the option to open, change or remove it.
How do I make Google sheets display the full URL?
JotForm integrated google spreadsheet URL validation google integration
I was able to see the same problem that you mentioned when I test the Google Spreadsheet integration. I think the problem is being caused by the "URL" validation type in the Texbox field. If you do not assign a validation in the field, the URL data will be properly transferred to the spreadsheet.
I am checking on this a bit more to find out the exact caused of issue. Let me get back to you quickly.
Can you please try also redoing the Google spreadsheet integration of your form.
For some odd reason, when I was testing, it just work suddenly when I made a re-integration process (remove integration and then integrate again)
Here is my test form which was a clone of your form http://www.jotform.me/form/42353345242448
You can test submit the form and check the result in this spreadsheet
Hope this help. Please inform us if the issue persist on your end.
I re-integrated but no luck - the cell is blank (but the URL is there in JotForm). I also turned off the URL validation, same result. Image of spreadsheet attached - last 2 cells in column R are the blank ones.
Sorry for that. I am not really sure yet what could be the caused on your end.
For the last time, can you please try this process. Let us if it makes any difference.
1. Remove the Google spreadsheet integration.
2. In your form, the field where URL data is being asked, remove the numerical prefix on the question.
Example, in question #10 remove the text "10." on the field label/name.
so that the column name in the spreadsheet should also be without a prefix number.
3. Save the form and then reintegrate again to Google Spreadsheet.
4. Test submit your form and check if the URL input data is now being properly read by the Google spreadsheet.
I am hoping that this process will fix the issue on your form. Inform us if result is still not successful.
I am also submitting a bug ticket report to our higher team support so that they can also investigate the problem because it is obvious that there must be a glitch because I was also able to reproduce it on the first time I made a test.
This issue has been recently fixed. Please let us know if the issue persists.
Thank you very much for reporting this bug.