What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
My form isn't accepting AmexAsked by sarahcee on August 27, 2014 at 09:51 PM
Someone is trying to place a large order on our site but apparently the form is not accepting Amex. Is there any way for you to check into whether it's a problem on our end or theirs?
We've had issues today with the PayPal integration on account of some recent updates. My guess is these affected your payments. Those updates have been reverted now, so it should be fine. Here are some things you can try:
- clear the form cache and try again.
If that doesn't work
- remove and reconfigure the Pay Pal integration. I know this is tedious, but sometimes changes on our end require the PayPal object to be set up again.
If it still is giving an error, can you let us know what error they're getting and when?
We do apologize for the inconvenience.
Paypal Pro does not accept Amex. Period. See what they say:
PayPal Pro does not support Amex. The main reasons for this are:
· - The excessive charges that Amex & Discover demand for the use of their cards
· - The Amex chargeback policy which allows buyers to file a chargeback up to 2 years after a transaction, therefore offering very little certainty to merchants such as yourself
· - The fact that both Amex & Discover only make up 1% of the market
Unfortunately at present, Shopify still have Amex as an option, despite it not being supported. There is nothing that PayPal can do about this as it is cosmetic at Shopify’s end, however I’m sure it will change.
It is unlikely that you will have many customers who wish to use Amex, however, if you do, you can direct them to the ‘PayPal Express Checkout’ option on your checkout flow. This payment option does support both Amex & Discover, just not the Pro option.
Thank you for the clarification. This sure will help some users with this situation. If you need support feel free to contact us.