- Atelier_van_DykeAsked on September 06, 2011 at 01:23 PM
Hello, I would like to change the english description in my contact-form "This field is required" into a German warning. Is it possible to change the language in this warnings? How could I do that? Thanks for your support an your answer. Best regards.
- nicoco59Answered on September 06, 2011 at 02:33 PM
you must click on "Preferences" and "advanced setting" and finally on "edit form warnings"
Now you can modify the text like you want.
- allanftdAnswered on September 06, 2011 at 02:40 PM
Thank you for posting your concern here. As what nicoco59 has stated earlier, you can change the form warnings such as "This field is required" by changing your form preferences. Here's how:
1) Click the Preferences button in the Form Builder toolbar.
2) Click the Edit Form Warnings button found under the Advanced Settings tab.
3) Click the message that you want to translate into German, enter your preferred text, and click Save.
And you're done with the form warnings!
Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you and enjoy using JotForm!
- Atelier_van_DykeAnswered on September 06, 2011 at 03:07 PM
Hello, thank you very much for these answers. I already tried to click on "edit form warnings", but nothings happens! There's no menue, like this in your posting. Very strange! Should I activate something, to get this menue? Thanks for your support!
- allanftdAnswered on September 06, 2011 at 03:15 PM
No, you don't need to activate something in order to open the menu. Just click the Edit Form Warnings button once and the menu should load shortly. From there you can translate the warnings into German language.
Please try again and let us know how it goes this time. Thank you for your patience on this matter.
- Atelier_van_DykeAnswered on September 06, 2011 at 03:20 PM
Hello, if I click on this button, ..really: nothing happens! I also tried to create a new form for testing this button again, but there's also no reaction by clicking on it. Is it possible, that there's a problem with the German-"Jot-Form"- Site? I would really like to solve this "simple" problem. thx very much.
- allanftdAnswered on September 06, 2011 at 03:23 PM
Sorry about that, I just tested it again but was able to click the button. Could you please try using another browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari? Kindly check and let us know how it goes.
- Atelier_van_DykeAnswered on September 06, 2011 at 03:29 PM
Hello, thank you very much! I tried to open the menue in internet-explorer...and it works!!!
In Firefox it doesn't work...you need to check this.
- Atelier_van_DykeAnswered on September 06, 2011 at 03:52 PM
Hello, there's one simple question again: is it possible to change the red colour of required warnings (see the picture above in my first posting)
thx for your support!
- brx250Answered on September 06, 2011 at 11:28 PM
First of all, thank you for using JotForm.
To change the color and appearance of JotForm's warning signs and message, try the following CSS codes below:
background:none repeat scroll 0 0;
border-color: transparent transparent #FFA;
border:1px solid green;
-moz-box-shadow:0 0 2px green;
-webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 2px green;
box-shadow: 0 0 2px green;
You may also want to consider this thread http://www.jotform.com/answers/31793-Can-I-change-color-pink-of-warning-boxes useful. Hope this helps.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us again.
Albert | JotForm Support
- Atelier_van_DykeAnswered on September 07, 2011 at 01:08 PM
Thank you very much for this perfect and great support. It works!
Just one step and my form is perfect:
Is there a css code for changing the light yellow background-colour of the selected boxes?
- brx250Answered on September 08, 2011 at 01:32 AM
You are very much welcome! For your last question, try injecting the code below:
Hope this sorts your issue. If not, please don't hesitate to inform us so that we can further assist and guide you.
Albert | JotForm Support