- ztwerskyAsked on August 31, 2014 at 10:47 AM
When using the drag-and-drop widget - in IE nothing happens. In Chrome and Firefox - I can upload text files. When dragging images, the image shows a thumbnail in the window but doesn't upload. I tried this on my PC and on a friend's via Teamviewer. What to do? Thank you.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on August 31, 2014 at 03:19 PM
Please tell us the IE browser version you were using.
I was able to see the problem on IE9 browser due to browser permission issue.
But on other browser such as Firefox and Chrome, the Drag and Drop Widget work just fine.
In IE browser, the widget behaves differently.
it seems to be related to browser incompatibility issue.
I suggest not using the widget to upload files if you have users who will not be able to use other browser besides older IE browser version.
If not, you can suggest to the user to use modern browsers like Chrome or Firefox instead and the widget should work just fine.
I will also submit a bug report to our higher team support regarding this issue of the Drag & Drop Widget on IE browser.
We will notify you once we have update and fix for the issue.
- ztwerskyAnswered on August 31, 2014 at 03:33 PM
After I removed a terms-and-conditions widget, all forms have resolved this issue.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on November 11, 2014 at 01:10 AM
We have resolved the issue and updated the drag and drop widget:
1. You can now use it in IE (some drag and drop functions are not compatible with older IE versions - but the widget will open a default upload field)
2. You can use it in conjunction with the terms and conditions widget
Kindly try the updates on a test form and let us know if you have any concerns.
- ztwerskyAnswered on November 11, 2014 at 01:43 AM
Thank you. My clients already got used the existing widget so I don't think I'll change it now but thanks for the effort!
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on November 11, 2014 at 01:52 AM
Glad to help :-)