- TJCApachesAsked on September 03, 2014 at 01:58 PM
On the form listed at the link below, the customer with the email firstname.lastname@example.org is not getting the auto-responders. I just wanted to verify that they aren't on the bounce list before I check with our system admin.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on September 03, 2014 at 02:56 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
The email@example.com email address is not listed in our bounced list. Now you can check the email addresses against the bounced list from Account Settings page:
Also, our developers have recently added the Email Activity logs to the Account History page.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.
- TJCApachesAnswered on September 09, 2014 at 05:27 PM
I've check with our email firewall admins, and they said the email never hit our firewall. I checked again to make sure that the email isn't on the bounce list. Is there a way to verify that it at least sent out an email from your servers? It sounds crazy to me, but I wanted to make sure.
- CarinaAnswered on September 09, 2014 at 08:01 PM
Our mail log state that emails are being sent to that address:
[2014-08-22 17:11:23] Submission #284551082871563851 Form #13143933259 SENT to firstname.lastname@example.org from email@example.com via AMAZONSES
[2014-08-20 18:02:26] Submission #284381345871723753 Form #23166541572958 SENT to firstname.lastname@example.org from email@example.com via AMAZONSES
As this has a noreply sender address maybe the email provider is blocking the email as taking it as spam.
Is this a recurring situation, or was it an isolated case?
You can consider adding a custom sender email to the auto-responder.
Let us know if we can assist you further.
- TJCApachesAnswered on September 10, 2014 at 05:40 PM
It's isolated - she's the only one. I'll just double check with our team once again. Thank you so much!
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on September 10, 2014 at 05:50 PM
If this is not going to work, you might consider other sending options.
1) Use a custom sender, this will switch the sending source from default Amazon SES to our mail server.
2) Configure the form to use your mail server.