- SteveAsked on September 07, 2011 at 08:35 AM
I absolutely LOVE jotform. I use it with students at work all the time. Unlike surveymonkey, it creates not "reports" but emails, generally, this is very useful for me. I like the narrative aspect of it.
However, I have another project I'm working on, and I'd like to create more of a database. That is, I want people to sign-up, and their emails should be able to make an email list that I could just click on and send a mass email to.
(I'm starting a nonprofit news website; the web developer I'm using has a great site, but they use 3rd party software for this portion of the site, which means I can use my own choice in third parties--you, potentially.)
So, what I need is to be able to collect the data like name/email and whether they want to be on the monthly eNewsletter or on the Advisory Board, without my having to go in and edit a ton.
Can jot form do this and which functions should I be using in order to do this?
Steve in Arlington Va.
- JotForm SupportmlizAnswered on September 07, 2011 at 08:51 PM
Thank you for your kind words we truly appreciate it.
With the Send Post data feature of JotForm you can configure
your form to send the submissions post data to a custom php page which
will then save the information onto your own database.
To enable send post data:
1. Go to Setup & Embed tab
2. Click the Preferences button
3. Click Advanced Settings tab
4. Select Yes in the Send Post Data dropdown
1. Create a "test.php" on your site and put this code in it:
<? print_r($_POST); ?>
2. Go to "Setup & Share" -> "Thank You" -> "Custom URL" and enter http://domain.com/test.php
The following article on our userguide provides more information on how
Let us know if you have clarifications.
- khrisellAnswered on July 04, 2013 at 10:43 PMGreetings!We are happy to announce that we have released Jotform Webhooks, this feature would replace Send Post Data + Custom URL Thank You Page workaround in order to help you transfer forms data to your own database using your own script codes.
To know more about Jotform Webhooks, please click here.
Thank you for using JotForm. :)