- charitychallengeAsked on September 06, 2014 at 06:21 AM
Have tried clearing cache
Have removed Separator widgets
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 06, 2014 at 01:15 PM
Will check your form and get back to you later today. I am sure the problem is in the form.
- charitychallengeAnswered on September 06, 2014 at 02:38 PM
Okay - hopefully an easy one to fix.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 07, 2014 at 01:28 AM
The submit button isn't working because the stripe payment field can't be left blank. You are currently using form collapse to group the payment section for show/hide condition which actually works but this is the main cause why the form can't be submitted since the payment field was not actually hidden on the form (when a hidden condition is triggered) instead it only hides the payment form collapse bar.
To fix it,
1. Open the condition that triggers the payment field. See the following screenshot.
2. Edit the first condition you see on the list, then delete the first action condition that shows the payment form collapse.
3. And then create new actions and select the two payment fields you have on the form. Not the form collapse, must be the actual payment fields.
And here's a short explanation.
Here's a working cloned form: http://form.jotform.com/form/42490686043962?
If you need further assistance, let us know here.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on September 07, 2014 at 01:57 AM
This has been fixed by our developers so please do not change anything with your form yet. Test your form first if it is now submitting when payment fields are left blank.
- charitychallengeAnswered on September 07, 2014 at 02:28 AM
I have just checked having chosen the second payment option and the Submit button doesn't work the first time. It needs a second click.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 07, 2014 at 03:56 AM
It's working for me here with a single click. I did it twice to your form. Can you please tell how to replicate that?
- charitychallengeAnswered on September 07, 2014 at 03:58 AM
Just select any qty of golfers other than 0
- charitychallengeAnswered on September 07, 2014 at 07:56 AM
After experimentation, I can confirm that requirement to double click the Submit button is caused by the last open Collapse widget just above the Submit button.
I was originally told to use the Collapse tool because of the number of show/hide conditions I have on my forms, however, the Collapse has caused me countless days of problems, so I will have to be very selective how I use them in future.
I hope you can continue to look into some of these issues that are tied to the Collapse object so that they can be resolved.
I have therefore removed the Collapse objects at the bottom of my form and replaced with various show/hide conditions to suit my needs.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 07, 2014 at 09:47 AM
I have this form: http://www.jotformpro.com/form/42493472934967. It's a clone version of your original form. Can you please let me know if you can replicate it here? Because I really don't have a problem with the form after Elton's advised for the fix. With just a single click, the form is submitted right away. We can forward this to our developers, but we have to create a note on how to replicate it and what causes it beforehand.
Anyway, I guess you are all set now. Let us know if you need any further assistance.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 07, 2014 at 09:53 AM
I think I may have figured it out - the cause, but not sure. What I did is to add a text to the form collapse since you removed it from there:
Just in case you still have the backup of the original form, try doing the same. I appreciate your help.
- charitychallengeAnswered on September 07, 2014 at 10:45 AM
I will test this tomorrow, but in the meantime, as I said, I took the collapse forms out and solved the problem. I did however clone the form first so you can test the problem. Here is the clone:
Remember to set Golfer Qty > 0 and also to choose the second (non credit card payment option) and you will see the need to hit Submit twice.
Feel free to add text to the very bottom Collapse on this clone form to see whether this solves the problem - then I guess your developers might tweak the code to support Collapses with null text.
Thanks again to all your support people for responding on these issues.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on September 07, 2014 at 06:23 PM
Evidently, having the submit button conditionally hidden under a form collapse causes that glitch. I made a test. (The issue goes away if I remove the conditionals and the form collapse involved (Just the non credit card option works in my test form)
The multiple show/hide actions can be done without using form collapse.
To avoid further issues, just choose Show or Hide Multiple and hold Ctrl while selecting the desired fields.Conditional wizard will look this way.