- MichaelAsked on September 06, 2014 at 02:13 PM
can jotform extract the submission data into our quotation form template which we send out to customer as formal quote?
- KadeJMAnswered on September 06, 2014 at 02:36 PM
Did you mean send a copy of data to your quotatio template that you use to send emails? Or?
Is that apart of another third-party service you use?
We do have many different integrations which your submission data can be sent.
Can you please explain more as well as where you have this template set up at?
- MichaelAnswered on September 06, 2014 at 03:31 PMI think you understood correctly.
For example, we have 10 fields in the form for customer to enter -- I want
the data from these 10 fields to be inserted in our quotation template
automatically once submitted. We can then receive the quotation template
with inserted data. In this way, it saves our time ... we just need to
open the quotation form, all data from 10 fields entered from customer is
already inserted automatically, we just need to figure out price and send
to customer as a formal quote.
Is this something part of the function?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on September 07, 2014 at 03:02 AM
Is the quotation template a Jotform made form or an external template created by you or another system? Can we take a look at that? Please send the link of the template here. We can use one of our integrations or maybe use a workaround. We'll see :)
- MichaelAnswered on September 07, 2014 at 10:41 AMThanks. here I have attached our quotation template which was simply made
by MS Word.
Currently, we use this template to make quotation and send to customer by
email as PDF attachment.
All the information in the quote highlighted in red is inserted
automatically using the data extracted from the online submission form. We
determine the price, then a formal quote is made.
I would appreciate your suggestion as how we can workaround here with Jot
form. Maybe you know some functions which can also greatly improve our
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on September 07, 2014 at 05:47 PM
Please send the template to email@example.com with subject "Template File - Forum thread 425246"
- MichaelAnswered on September 11, 2014 at 09:21 AMNo reply so far, and I was wondering if your team is still working on this.
I wish to know how I can extract data from the the submission form and if
the data can be inserted automatically to quotation form we have been using.
How the submission data being sent to us -- by email with attachment?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on September 11, 2014 at 11:31 AM
I apologize for this inconvenience. However, let me tell you that only formats to be imported from external data to a form are CSV and EXCEL
You must be sure the columns are the same for the form (same number of questions and same type of validation)
Please re-do the file in Excel and from there we will be able to help you.